Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Director, Global Risk Management
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Director, Global Risk Management
Integrative & Global Studies
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Director for Global Risk Management, Global School at WPI will oversee WPI's risk management systems related to our off-campus programs, including: reviewing and developing protocols and policies for the Global Projects Program (GPP), monitoring world events, conducting threat analysis based on traveler exposure, and managing incident response as necessary. This role will also be responsible for developing programs and materials to support WPI traveler safety, leading staff, faculty, and student training in best practices for maintaining health, safety, and security in our off-campus programs, and helping the university to develop an institution-wide approach to university-sponsored international travel.
- Monitor world events, issues, and legal decisions affecting global programs across higher education and communicate effectively with WPI travelers and other constituents regarding any impacts these events may have on global programs.
- Maintain key relationships with government and other organizations to stay abreast of global health, safety, and security trends and ensure that WPI can respond quickly and effectively in the case of an emergency.
- Evaluate and revise existing health, safety, security, and risk management protocols and policies related to off-campus programs, and, as needed, develop new ones that are aligned with current best practices in education abroad.
- Review all proposals for off-campus projects and courses and analyze risks in proposed locations.
- Develop and maintain emergency preparedness and response plans for WPI Global Project Centers and, in coordination with the Global Experience Office, publish student and faculty handbooks for all WPI Project Center sites.
- Maintain systems for incident reporting, analyze incident data, and provide periodic incident updates to WPI leadership. Partner with WPI Police and other departments to complete annual Clery Act reporting for the Global Projects Program.
- Develop and implement health, safety, and security training for staff, faculty, and students and risk management and emergency response training for faculty advisors.
- Administer international health and emergency evacuation insurance program.
- Review participant health forms and communicate with university health services, counseling center, office of disability services, and other offices regarding student participation in global program.
- Develop an institution-wide approach to university-sponsored international travel, including the development of travel policy, a travel risk management committee, and a travel registry.
- Participate as a member of the Global Experience Office incident management team, and lead incident management as necessary.
- Conduct site visits and on-site risk assessments.
- Participate in the on-call rotation for the GPP emergency phone.
- Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years' experience in global safety, security, risk management and/or international education program management, Master's Degree preferred
- Demonstrated experience managing international emergencies
- Experience writing and implementing policies and protocols to support international health, safety, and security
- Experience living, studying or working abroad for an extended period of time
- Experience working with diverse populations and international communities
- Significant experience leading program operations in international settings
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple constituencies
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, a collaborator
- Working proficiency in a foreign language desirable, but not required
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point
To apply please include a cover letter indicating interest and relevant experience, a resume and contact information on potential references.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Director--Global-Risk-Management_R0001429
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |