The University at Buffalo and Student Support Services (SSS) seek to hire a Program Assistant. The Program Assistant is responsible for providing office reception, schedules advising appointments, processes and maintains records of financial and procurement transactions and services provided to students and updates the UBLearns portal. We invite individuals to apply whose perspectives and experiences will enrich and strengthen our organization. The Student Support Services program serves a diverse constituency of patrons, and our employees, services and policies strive to honor and reflect this diversity. We encourage candidates who thrive in a welcoming multicultural environment to apply.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide administrative support for the program regarding the execution of student events and services that support the academic success; career development; financial literacy; personal growth; academic and cultural enrichment; and graduate/professional school preparation.
* Coordinate event logistics including hospitality, space rental and set up as needed.
* Design and distribute office correspondence which includes flyers, emails and other correspondence to program participants and campus personnel through Microsoft Outlook and UBLearns.
* Hire, train, and supervise student workers and process and/or verify student payroll.
* Assist in day-to-day operation of budget including procurement/purchasing, account tracking & reconciliations and budget planning.
* Assist the SSS program team in preparing the Annual Performance Report for the US Department of Education.
* Organize travel and all travel related arrangements (accommodations, conference registrations, etc.) for staff and participating students.
Record-keeping and Reporting Student Support Services (SSS) is a federally funded TRIO grant program and is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education. Student Support Services serves low-income, first-generation students and/or students with documented disabilities.
* Support the Student Retention Coordinator in monitoring the program student roster, including tracking and reporting of the academic progress, persistence, and graduation of students.
* Maintain student records, update participant files and information as needed, as well as assist with necessary tracking using primarily Excel.
* Track program expenditures and maintain budgets.
* Support the program in monitoring and updating the inventory of all program assets (i.e., computers, printers, software, textbooks, etc.)
* Record, monitor, and track the intake, review, and admissions process for applicants to the program.
* Provide customer service by greeting students and visitors, answering incoming calls, and directing as needed and/or providing appropriate information and successful resolution of routine administrative issues relative to the SSS program.
Outstanding Benefits PackageWorking at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our http://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits/research-foundation/regular-employees.htmlbenefit packages.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.