Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
The Clinical Sciences faculty (-65) has teaching and clinical responsibilities to the veterinary students and hospital respectively, as well as individual research pursuit and administrative obligations. Approximately 75 residents and interns, matched through the national VIRMP program rotate through the department/hospital on three and one-year cycles, respectively. The administrative staff supports the faculty, residents and interns, the Chair and Department Manager. The department has a large budget and many discretionary and research accounts.
What You'll Do
The Financial Coordinator in the Department of Clinical Sciences at Cummings School reports to the Manager of the Department of Clinical Sciences and provides broad transactional and financial operation support including coordinating payroll information, initiating and tracking numerous transactions, monitoring the activity of financial accounts, and addressing multiple reporting needs. The role supports the transactional needs for faculty teaching and research efforts as well as tracking course costs and other expenses.
Financial operations responsibilities include:
- Coordinate weekly payroll submission and time off tracking, including reminders and time entry
- Process student worker, temporary employee, adjunct faculty, and teaching assistant appointments; coordinate related onboarding needs, troubleshoot as needed, provide updates.
- Coordinate with TSS on payroll. Provide stakeholders with relevant updates on status.
- Using data warehouse, run frequent reports on fund balances, transactional activity, upcoming and other needs. Assist with addressing related questions and issues as needed.
- Gain understanding of key policies and procedures related to financial transactions to be able to field questions from Cummings School community and to uphold compliance. Provide hands-on training and onboarding as necessary.
- Participate in fiscal year end close process.
- Process and track expense reports and department financials.
- Produce data tables for various reporting requirements, renewals, and annual reports, coordinate data acquisition, data problem identification and resolution
Inventory and procurement responsibilities include:
- Process expense transfers, invoices, requisitions, reimbursements, honoraria, consultant contracts, vendor setups, purchase orders, check vouchers, and other transactions.
- Maintain and update the department computer database, coordinating the ordering and delivery of new computers as current units are no longer under warranty.
- Coordinate and book travel for faculty candidates
What We're Looking For
- At least 3 years of hands‐on, professional financial, accounting, or relevant administrative experience
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem‐solving skills
- Excellent communication, customer service, and follow-up skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, and the ability to reprioritize as needed in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with interruptions, adapt to change, and respond quickly to last minute requests and changes
- Competency using a variety of computer applications, especially Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to learn and adapt to new systems and software quickly
- Good judgment and discretion with confidential data
- Must be a highly energetic self-starter who is capable of planning and completing tasks with a minimum of assistance
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or business
- Experience in higher education and/or grant administration
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft, Data Warehouse, and/or similar reporting systems
Minimum $24.00, Midpoint $28.55, Maximum $33.10
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |