The University at Buffalo seeks a Financial Aid Assistant to support the functional operations in the Financial Aid Office.
In this position, you will:
- Research, investigate and collaborate with Financial Aid Advisors to resolve student financial aid issues.
- Advise student and parents regarding the management of the student’s personal finances.
- Analyze and interpret policies and procedures in order to establish eligibility for aid and make financial aid decisions based on information reported on the aid application.
- Provide information and interpretation of the rules, regulations, and application procedures for financial aid programs to students and parents.
- Provide intake and guidance on supplementary forms and additional documentation needed for special circumstances.
- Support the Financial Aid Office at various on and off-campus outreach activities.
- Assist with coordinating retention efforts for select student groups.
The terms of this position shall be reviewed annually and may be changed based on the availability of funding.
Work Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; evenings and weekends as needed to meet the business needs.
UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. UB’s Office of Financial Aid receives over 40,000 applications each year and disburse over $340 million in financial aid each year.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Bachelor’s degree required with proven Financial Aid experience in Higher Education.
Applicant must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis.