Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Part-Time Secretary, Workforce Development
Part-Time Secretary, Workforce Development
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Provide administrative support for the Director of Workforce Development in a demanding, fast paced environment. The position requires excellent time management, problem solving, and customer service skills for regular interaction with a diverse range of students and business partners.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative assistance in support of the department's financial operations and includes providing or compiling data for budgets, reviewing expenditures, conducting research to assist with profit-loss projections.
- Perform clerical duties for the Director: maintain files, receive and route incoming phone calls, greet and assist visitors, disseminate information about Lee College and Center programs, distribute mail, make copies, fax, scan, etc.
- Manage Director's calendar/appointments and maintain departmental calendar.
- Arrange staff and business meetings, create meeting agendas, take minutes during meetings, and distribute minutes to participants.
- Prepare budget and detail transaction reports; monitor departmental budgets and expenditures.
- Enter and track departmental purchase requests; process account statements and credit card charges in the credit card tracking system.
- Produce internal and external correspondence; distribute departmental information and reminders.
- Assist in documenting and tracking projects, ensuring reporting timelines are met.
- Assist in tracking and reporting data for state, internal, and grant requirements and deliverables.
- Assist in keeping policy manuals up to date.
- Research and compile data for various internal and external reports pertaining to the Workforce Development department.
- Follow safety procedures, maintain a safe work environment and respond according to established protocol to emergency situations.
- Schedule travel arrangements for Director and other departmental staff members as needed.
- Maintain a professional demeanor.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, coordinate, and oversee organizational details for special events sponsored by the Center such as meetings hosted for internal and external constituents, external committees, etc.
- Order, inventory, and maintain office supplies.
- Assist with registration as needed.
- Assist with events and disseminate information about the Center and its programs (i.e., career fairs, job fairs, college and external events where we are promoting the college and the Center).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Benefits do not accrue with this part-time position. The work schedule is not to exceed 19.5 hours/week. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Six (6) months of related work experience
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, with ability to perform successful internet research
- Must be dependable
- Aware of and sensitive to cultural differences with ability to work with and engage individuals of diverse backgrounds
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized with the ability to keep detailed files and records
- Ability to maintain effective working relations with college personnel and outside entities
- Able to work individually with limited supervision and collaboratively with diverse populations, groups, and/or teams
- Manage, organize, and communicate information of varying technical complexity
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, both written and oral
- Verified skills in organizing complex systems and effectively manage multiple, competing priorities while remaining composed and professional
- Friendly, courteous, service-oriented, and enjoy working with a variety of people
- Act with discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Must be flexible and comfortable in a fast moving environment where immediate response is important
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Experience supporting complex budgets
- Extensive proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including macros
- Experience with technical projects
- Exposure to project management teams
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed course work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/5745
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |