Our Department of Physiology and Biophysics, in the Jacobs School of Medicine, seeks to fill a dynamic and essential role to support the newly recruited Chair of the Department. The Assistant to Chair will coordinate all administrative activities in the department by implementing operating strategies to accomplish the following tasks that promote the mission of the Jacobs School, you will:
- Develop, prepare and monitor departmental budgets which include monitoring expenditures and supervising the maintenance of financial accounts and records. This position will create financial reports that will be given to the Chair of the department as well as the Dean of the School to assist in financial decisions. Monthly and annual statements will be prepared and distributed.
- Assist the Chair in gathering, compiling and transmitting data for all formal reports and activities for which the Chair is responsible for.
- Plan, assign and supervise the work of office staff which includes the training and the yearly evaluation of those staff. Advising on professional development of those support staff.
- Coordinate all personnel transactions including but not limited to preparation of dossiers for faculty promotion and tenure.
- Serve as the Human Resources recruitment specialist for the department which advises, helps to recruit candidates and markets the position to ensure full success of the open recruitment.
- Function as a key member on the team that plans and executes special events such as annual endowed lectures, departmental retreats and seminars.
From our founding as a medical school in 1846, to paving the way for future physicians, the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences builds upon its proud legacy of teaching, patient care and scientific discovery. Visit our website to learn more about the Jacobs School
Bachelor’s Degree and two years of administrative experience. Financial experience is necessary to succeed in this position.