Athletics Administration Coordinator (5171U) 23859
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles
, our Principles of Community
, and our Strategic Plan.
The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics consists of more than 275 staff members and coaches and sponsors 30 varsity sports programs. These 30 programs include more than 850 student-athletes who participate in the various sports programs annually within the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA). We are currently seeking an Athletics Administration Coordinator who will work within the department's Administration unit.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: 10/1/2021
The Athletics Administration Coordinator will assist the Athletics Department senior staff with various administrative responsibilities, such as compiling data for various reports/audits, produce summaries and reports, assist with meeting preparation, and provide general operational support.
This position will provide and assist with organizational tasks that include tracking meeting minutes, compiling data for various reports/audits, producing summaries and reports, assisting with meeting preparation, and providing general operational support in various search processes, and assisting with NCAA committee and Pac-12 Committee tasks as assigned. The position will design and deliver direct programming to various employees and students in the department. This position will also be a backup for the Business Office (assist with procurement request and preparing travel and entertainment reimbursements), Development Office (event preparation, stewardship activities, etc.), and other units as necessary.
- Provide general support to senior staff with completion of administrative and operational responsibilities.
- As assigned, assists in the collection of data to prepare reports for outside reviews and audits (i.e. TFIA, UAB, GEDs, OCR, etc.). Produce summaries and reports related to Pac-12, NCAA, and Campus issues to ensure sports administrators and senior staff are appropriately informed.
- Help develop agendas, required reports, provide post meeting notes, travel expense reports, travel planning, interview coordination and answering the phones. Manage the ordering of office supplies.
- Help facilitate Van Checkout Process, assist with Camp Facility Use Permits, and assist Facility Rental Use Permits
- Assist various units including but not limited to, the business office, development office etc. with special projects.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent training/experience.
- Experience working with a University student-athlete or similar population.
- Problem-solving skills; multi-task, work with frequent interruptions, and effective listener.
- Must be proficient in the use of basic computer applications.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality, particularly surrounding sensitive and high profile issues.
- Ability to use sound judgment in responding to issues and concerns.
- High level of customer service.
- Familiarity with NCAA and PAC-12 Conference regulations and procedures.
- Demonstration of high levels of energy, creativity, and initiative.
- Master's degree candidate preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable rules and regulations of the Pacific-12 Conference, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), as well as other associations and agencies to which the Berkeley campus of the University of California adheres, and, at all times avoid any and all violations of these rules and standards.
- Previous experience in an Intercollegiate Athletic Department.
Salary & Benefits
This is a full-time, 1-year contract position. For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=23859&PostingSeq=1