Reporting to the Executive Director of the Jay and Susie Gogue Performing Arts Center (GPAC) at Auburn University, the Director of Operations is responsible for strategically planning and directing the day-to-day facility and front-of-house operations at GPAC.
Oversees all front-of-house operations including ticketing functions, patron relations, supervision of staff, and concessions.
Responsible for facility maintenance, facility event rentals, and safety and security.
1. Responsible for overseeing the front-of-house operations including the supervision of full and part-time staff, house management, volunteer training, and third-party vendor management including ticket sales customer relationship management (CRM), information technology, concessions, merchandise sales, parking, custodial, police and security, and grounds. Collaborates with internal and external constituents and other University and/or third-party operation-centric enterprise for scheduled performances and daily operations. Responsible for building access and key distribution while maintaining accurate records.
2. Manages facility maintenance plans and serves as the point of contact for internal and external constituents and vendors ensuring maintenance and repairs are completed to contract specifications. Communicates with Executive Director, GPAC and internal and external constituents keeping them informed of work progress, answering potential questions, responding to issues and submitting short and long term facility goals.
3. Manages facility rentals at GPAC by coordinating with prospective internal and external clients to engage initial consultations, deliver rental quotes, administer contracts, organize staffing and vendor needs, manage and execute performances/events, and complete financial settlements.
4. Monitors the delivery of an accurate and complete calendar of GPAC daily events for staff.
5. Oversees the development and maintenance of an emergency action plan which includes the components of health and life safety, fire safety, and police and security. Serves as safety coordinator working closely with Auburn University Risk Management and Campus Safety and Security ensuring facility compliance.
6. Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director, GPAC.