The UB School of Management Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership
(CEL) is seeking a full‐time Marketing Communications Manager
. CEL is a regional and national leader in experiential support programming for entrepreneurs and small business owners. The goal of this position is to execute current marketing and communication activities as well as the creation of new initiatives to increase awareness of CEL to the small business community.
This individual will be part of a collaborative team that supports the unique needs of small to mid-size businesses. Incumbent must possess expert writing and editing skills as they serve as the point person in identifying communication needs and content solutions which will be deployed to speak to the target audience. Additionally, this individual will suggest events, associations and activities that will position CEL as the “thought leader” within the entrepreneurial ecosystem in WNY.
Success will be measured in the ability to increase the number of high potential prospects entering the sales funnel, increasing brand awareness in the community, and ultimately increasing CEL program enrollment. This person must be able to take CEL “story telling” to a new level through use of tools such as the CRM system, social media, blog, and by building relationships with current and potential program participants in addition to our vast network of alumni.
Incumbent must be available to work a flexible schedule that includes evening events (up to 3x per week) and occasional weekend activities.Responsibilities to include:
- Oversee the execution of CEL marketing and branding initiatives by communicating regularly with support staff, clients, alumni and volunteers while maintaining a level of confidentiality.
- Guide the creation and execution of an overall CEL strategic marketing plan.
- Oversee all aspects of CEL CRM management event and marketing campaigns using timely newsletters and social media posts.
- Maintain UB CEL master marketing calendar.
- Attend board and committee meetings or other meetings as requested to understand and communicate the CEL story.
- Monitor and assist with maintenance of the CEL’s website.
- Support efforts to conduct research, compile data and prepare white papers for consideration and presentation to the executive director.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UBF comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our UBF benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.