University Centers and Events (UCE) encompasses the University Union, Gateway Center and Coliseum. University Centers and Events (UCE), provides quality programs, services, and facilities that enhance the educational experience and create a community for students, faculty, staff, alumni, and guests. We assist students to become good citizens of a global community, prepared to function in a diverse world.
The University Union features 330,000 sq. ft. filled with campus services, dining options, meeting and event spaces, and programming, arts, and activities.
This position is responsible for cleaning and sanitation work within the Coliseum and/or Gateway Center. This position also performs various physically demanding semi-skilled manual tasks necessary to prepare for public events, such as erecting stages, tables, chairs and operation of audio/visual equipment.
Additional Posting Details
One year of general working experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to follow oral and written instructions; ability to keep records and complete forms accurately.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts to complete tasks (example: measuring).
- Sufficient knowledge of proper use of equipment.
- Physical ability to perform work involving standing, stooping, operating equipment, and lifting of materials and equipment.
- Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
- Ability to climb stairs and lift 75 pounds in order to move/set-up tables, chairs and equipment.
- Ability to work overtime, based on event needs.