The Facilities department at the University at Buffalo invites applicants for our Maintenance Assistant Electrical position. The incumbent must possess basic knowledge of electrical equipment and systems. Candidate must demonstrate proficiency in the safe use of hand and power tools.
Key responsibilities include:
* Properly use material, tools and equipment associated with the electrical trade, including standard hand tools, portable power tools, measuring and testing instruments and shop equipment
* Installation of conduit, panels and wire to NEC specifications
* Routine maintenance on light fixtures, outlets and switches
* Project work with Trades Specialist Electricians, Maintenance Helpers, Laborers and other unskilled workers
* Assist with the installation, repair and constructions tasks in the electrical trades
* Assist journey level trades to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair electrical systems
* Function as a lead worker over Maintenance Helpers or Laborers
* Performs the routine tasks of the electrical trade
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our http://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits/state/csea.htmlbenefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the http://buffalo.edu/University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.