The Career Design Center
invites applicants that have a commitment and interest in providing guidance and tools to students engaged in designing their career and life after graduation. As a Career Design Consultant
you are joining a team that is committed to working collaboratively with students to guide their exploration of options and their identification of pathways. The Career Design Center seeks innovative team members who believe that careers are not linear and that resilience, adaptability and openness are critical to life and career success.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide strategic leadership and facilitation of Career Communities to help students explore and connect with industry interest areas and leverage the connections for opportunities which may include:
- Non-profit, Education and Social Impact
- Management, Sales, Consulting + Finance
- Coach students 1:1 and in group settings on full range of career development topics with a particular emphasis in the sectors of the assigned Career Communities.
- Design programming and experiences for students to support exploration and skill building in support of life design.
- Develop relevant educational content to support Career Community goals and scale career education for students and alumni.
- Collaborate with faculty/staff influencers and campus partners across all majors, schools and departments to co-create and deliver career design content and programming.
- Build collaborative relationships with employers and alumni across the world who are involved in all capacities of the workforce as a resource for student exploration.
Working at UB offers world-class benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards such as health and retirement plans, training opportunities and access to recreational resources. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. We focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal life, and academic pursuits in an effort to support work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
About Career Design Center
Career Design Center supports all undergraduate and graduate students in imagining and designing meaningful lives and careers through early discovery, ongoing exploration and future-focused skill development. With the mission of challenging students to see possibilities and seek opportunities in preparation for life after college, students gain access to Career Communities that include faculty/staff, employer and alumni collaborators providing connections, resources and guidance leading to expanded opportunities.About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of experience or master’s degree or professional certification.
- Demonstrated experience in a coaching and/or counseling environment or the transferrable skills equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within department and with external partners.
- Master’s degree.
- Demonstrated skills in developing educational content for diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and active listening skills.
- Demonstrated understanding and empathy for the unique concerns of diverse populations.
- Ability to effectively work with multiple constituents including students, alumni, faculty and employers.
- Demonstrated presentation development and public speaking skills.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize multiple projects.