Parking and Transportation Services is seeking a Parking Services Attendant. In this position, you will:
- Contribute to customer service efforts by providing directions and assistance to student, faculty, staff, guests and visitors to UB. Must be courteous and pleasant in responding to inquiries. Such inquiries may regard parking fees, permits, enforcement, busing/shuttles, special events, and locations of personnel/offices. Must courteously and accurately relate information and have thorough knowledge of university geography/operations.
- Issue parking permits and collect fees (where applicable) from faculty, staff, students, and visitors who seek to utilize campus parking and visitor services. Assist with parking meter collections. Maintain adequate supplies, i.e. change, register receipts, receipt books, etc. Record and deposit daily fees to Student Response Center. Records and deposit documents must be up-to-date and in order. Complete daily closeout report each day; reporting the data in a neat and organized manner, in accordance with department guidelines.
- Provide parking guidance, information, collects fees for parking at campus special events. Greet attendees with a courteous, pleasant, and helpful demeanor.
- Enforce parking rules and regulations throughout the campuses. Assist motorists in need of assistance, executing the services outlined within the motorist assist program. Utilize fleet vehicles to travel on campus and from campus-to-campus.
- Be responsible for general maintenance of parking booth and lot equipment. Must contact supervisor or appropriate university personnel to correct equipment malfunctions in a timely manner.
- Provide lot capacity counts and reports. Also, monitor abuse and problems within the lot, advising supervisor where appropriate.
- Perform additional duties/tasks as deemed appropriate by department.
The Parking and Transportation Services office is dedicated to balancing the demand of parking allocation and transportation alternatives to best serve the UB community. Our key services include providing inter- and intra-campus transportation (including parking shuttles), enforcing parking regulations and promoting more sustainable transportation options.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.
Departmental Operating Needs
There are no education or experience requirements, however, applicants must be able to read, speak and understand English, and must possess a valid New York State motor vehicle operator’s license.
Computer skills; Strong communication skills; Cash transaction and closeout experience.