Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Student Development & Counseling
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Isolation/Quarantine Coordinator organizes all aspects of WPI's protocols and procedures as related to isolating COVID+ students and quarantining close contacts as part of WPI's comprehensive and multimodal approach to supporting students' health during the COVID pandemic. This would include acting as primary contact and advocate for all students in WPI supported isolation and quarantine protocols to support their overall health, recovery and ability to manage day-to-day as they are impacted by the COVID virus. This is a full-time, one-year temporary benefited position.
- In coordination with COVID Health Planning Group develop and evolve overall strategy for managing the needs of students in WPI Isolation space due to COVID+ diagnosis.
- Work closely with other key partners on campus in supporting the needs of COVID+ students including Health Services, Counseling, Residential Services, Accessibility Services, Facilities, and Environmental Health & Safety, as well as dining services.
- Provide daily check-ins for students in Isolation and act as primary advocate for them within the WPI community to address their needs.
- In coordination with COVID Health Planning Group develop and evolve overall strategy for managing the needs of students in quarantine due to close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID.
- Provide periodic check-ins for students in quarantine to provide support and assess their ongoing needs.
- Act as primary liaison/advocate for students in quarantine in various settings including those quarantining at home, in their off-campus apartment, Greek chapter house or various on-campus residential settings.
- Provide consultation and support for those who are providing care and support to those in quarantine including RA student staff, Community Directors, Greek chapter leadership and roommates.
- Provide consultation with concerned family and friends of those in Isolation/quarantine as requested.
- Support isolation/quarantine students in navigating academic challenges they may experience due to isolation/quarantine.
- Maintain a confidential database of students in isolation and/or quarantine.
- Work on a daily basis in coordination with WPI COVID Testing Coordinator.
- Establish working relationship with Local Board of Health to collaborate/communicate around isolation/quarantine practices and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Serve in on-call rotation.
- Serve on campus committees.
- Master's Degree in Public Health, Social Work, Counseling, Higher Education, Student development (will consider Bachelors Degree with three plus years of experience).
- One or more years of experience working in higher education setting preferred.
- Administrative experience in a higher education setting preferred.
- Refined technological skills, database management.
- Excellent critical thinking and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills including planning, establishing priorities, and multi-tasking.
Please include a cover letter to be considered for this position.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Isolation-Quarantine-Coordinator_R0000975
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |