The Office of Undergraduate Admissions recruits potential applicants and selects students for the School of Arts & Sciences, School of Engineering, and the School of the Museum of Fine Arts at Tufts University. The Admissions team embraces the mission of the university and the goals of the undergraduate admissions office which include attracting and enrolling a diverse cohort of first year and transfer students via a robust recruitment and enrollment initiatives plan that has equity and inclusion as its guiding principle.
What You'll Do
The Admissions Counselor is part of the Admissions team responsible for recruiting and selecting students and for fulfilling the enrollment objectives set by the Dean for the school. As part of the SMFA at Tufts team, works with specific recruitment goals of the SMFA at Tufts while also fulfilling Tufts-wide undergraduate enrollment objectives. Manages a geographic recruitment territory and specific portfolio of recruitment initiatives. The Admissions Counselor reads and evaluates applications for admission as part of a reading team using Committee Based Evaluation and serves on selection committee, conducts portfolio reviews, classroom visits, and group information sessions for prospective SMFA students, and represents the university for schools and community-based organizations.
What We're Looking For
Knowledge and experience typically acquired by:
- Bachelor's degree in visual arts or Bachelor's degree in another field and directly related experience in the visual arts.
- Up to 2 years of admissions related experience as a student employee, or professional in a secondary school or institution of higher education.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and public speaking.
- Valid US Driver's license.
- Experience working with diverse populations in an educational setting.
- Genuine interest in art education.
- Knowledge of US educational system.
- Experience with CRM data management software.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative suite.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.