The Accounting Department's mission is to insure appropriate and complete billing for services provided to patients seen in the small and large animal hospitals at the Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University and review and resolve client billing concerns.
What You'll Do
- Daily auditing of client invoices in our electronic medical record system.
- Daily deposit reconciliations and some collection activity.
- A/R deposits
- Client billing questions and client communication
What We're Looking For
- High School Diploma or the equivalent with one to three years' experience.
- Computerized client billing and payment processing
- Some Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting is preferred.
- One to three years' experience in accounts receivable.
- Must be flexible and be able to react quickly to a variety of situations.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal direct supervision during evening and weekend shifts.
- Must act as a role model for co-workers, students and clinicians, always maintaining a professional attitude and appearance.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
The schedule is Sunday 7am-3pm and Monday-Thursday 12pm-8pm and includes rotating holidays. This position is considered essential and is therefore required to report to work as scheduled during emergency closings.