Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Foothill-De Anza Community College District
Foothill-De Anza Community College District
De Anza College
Close/Initial Review Date:
Open Until Filled:
$3,790.88 (per month) plus benefits; Salary Grade:
Full Salary Range:
$3,790.88- $5,008.76 (per month)
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District is currently accepting applications for the classified position above.
Foothill - De Anza Community College District Mission Statement:
The mission of the Foothill-De Anza Community College District is student success. We are driven by an equity agenda and guided by core values of excellence, inclusion, and sustainability. Every member of our district contributes to a dynamic learning environment that fosters student engagement, equal opportunity, and innovation in meeting the various educational and career goals of our diverse students. We are committed to providing an accessible, quality undergraduate education dedicated to developing a broadly educated and socially responsible community that supports an equitable and just future for California.
De Anza College Mission Statement:
De Anza College provides an academically rich, multicultural learning environment that challenges students of every background to develop their intellect, character and abilities; to realize their goals; and to be socially responsible leaders in their communities, the nation and the world.
De Anza College fulfills its mission by engaging students in creative work that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and attitudes contained within the college's Institutional Core Competencies:
- Communication and expression Information literacy Physical/mental wellness and personal responsibility Civic capacity for global, cultural, social and environmental awareness Critical thinking
Under general supervision, oversees an assigned group of custodians in performing routine and specialized cleaning tasks within pre-assigned areas. Performs special and emergency custodial assignments as needed in addition to regular custodial work.
Employees in this classification are identified as leads and are responsible to assist the appropriate administrator in overseeing the work requirements of a group of custodians, and to clean assigned areas. Leads receive direction from the appropriate administrator and assist in developing daily work schedules, training custodians, providing needed supplies, solving unusual or difficult problems, and cleaning assigned areas. Employees in this classification may be assigned to work independently on specific assignments.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Depending upon assignment, duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
In addition to performing work of a Custodian I/II, the position will be responsible for the following duties which will account for up to 30% of the total assignment:
- Uses safety equipment, supplies, and procedures to perform job duties as required; reports fire, sanitary and safety hazards and the need for repairs to appropriate administrator.
- Responds to immediate safety and/or operational concerns (e.g. facility damage, alarms, graffiti, etc.) for the purpose of taking appropriate action to resolve immediate safety issues and to maintain a functional educational environment; provides reports on activities as requested by appropriate administrator.
- Stores and shelves equipment and other supplies in conformance with various local, state, federal, and district rules and regulations; maintains equipment in a safe operating condition; maintains preventive maintenance procedures, records, and reports.
- Directs visitors and safeguards district property; adheres to all state and federal laws and regulations regarding safety and health.
- Attends and participates in District and/or College provided training or information sessions; incorporates new information or technology into existing job duties.
- Shall carry a communication device, if assigned one, and be available for general custodial duties.
- Uses a computer for entry and retrieval of information for work assignments.
- Communicates effectively orally, in writing, and electronically.
- Operates equipment such as District vehicles, electric carts, electric power lifts, cardboard baler, forklift, etc.; will use ladders.
- Transports various items (e.g. tools, equipment and supplies) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Coordinates the day-to-day work of a group of custodians; ensures that work is completed in a timely manner and in accordance with instructions.
- Responds to requests for emergency custodial needs and furniture or equipment setups and coordinates special work as required.
- Responsible for ensuring that all major cleaning, daily detailed cleaning, and projects are completed on schedule in area of responsibility; inspects and reviews the work of assigned group.
- Ensures that all cleaning areas are serviced and cleaned when scheduled and unscheduled staff shortages occur.
- Ensures that custodians start the workday with supplies, equipment, and tools necessary to accomplish job tasks.
- Assists in training custodians in proper cleaning methods and procedures.
- Moves and rearranges chairs, tables, desks, and other furniture and equipment for special events and facility set-ups, according to specifications; sees that rooms are restored to normal conditions afterwards.
- Inspects campus facilities for the purpose of ensuring that the site is suitable for safe operations, maintained in an attractive and clean condition, and/or identifying necessary repairs due to vandalism, equipment breakage, weather, conditions, etc.
- Methods, materials, chemicals, disinfectants, safety practices and equipment used in custodial work.
- Safety factors in the operation of equipment and materials.
- Demonstrate understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- Plan, organize, coordinate and oversee the work of custodial staff.
- Train assigned staff on appropriate cleaning techniques.
- Operate and maintain a variety of custodial equipment.
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Observe safety requirements and safe work practices and methods as required.
- Perform routine work involving moderate to heavy physical labor.
- Establish and maintain cooperative work relationships.
License or Certification
- Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- Any combination equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade AND three years of experience in custodial or janitorial work with evidence of increasing responsibility over the work of others.
- Possession of a valid class C California driver's license.
- Indoor, office environment and outdoor environment, with climate changes.
- Hazardous conditions.
- Exposure to pollen, dust particles, chemicals and fumes.
- Includes travel to conduct work.
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information.
- Dexterity of hands to perform the tasks required of the position.
- Sight in order to be aware of hazards and dangers found in the nature of the work.
- Regularly stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb, stoop, kneel, reach, push, pull, grasp, and perform repetitive motions.
- Climb ladders of varying heights.
- Ability to maneuver in crawl spaces, attics, and utility tunnels.
- Lift moderate to heavy objects up to 60 lbs.
If any required application materials are omitted, the committee will not review your application. Items not required (including reference letters) will not be accepted. For full-consideration, all application packets must be received by 11:59 pm on the closing date.
Please allow yourself ample time to complete your application and resolve any technical difficulties that may arise with your submission. We do not guarantee a response to application questions within 48 hours of the closing date. You may also visit our Applicant Information to assist with technical difficulties at: http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/a-applicant-instructions.html
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A District on-line application on http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/. *In the application, you will provide information, which demonstrates your understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff. Additionally, you will be asked to explain how your life experiences, studies or work have influenced your commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- A cover letter addressing your qualifications for the position.
- A current resume of all work experience, formal education and training.
Full-Time, Permanent, 12 months per year
As soon as possible upon completion of the search process.
Excellent benefits package which includes medical coverage for employee and eligible dependents, dental, vision care, employee assistance program, long term disability, retirement benefits and basic life insurance. For information on our benefits package that includes medical for employees and dependents, visit our web site: http://hr.fhda.edu/benefits/index.html
Persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to complete the employment process must notify Employment Services no later than the closing date of the announcement. The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S. All interviewing costs incurred by applicant are the responsibility of the applicant.
For more information about our application process contact:
Foothill-De Anza Community College District
12345 El Monte Road
Los Altos Hills, California 94022
To apply, visit: http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |