The University of North Texas G. Brint Ryan College of Business is the choice of more than 7,000 students – making it one of the largest business schools in the nation. Since 1961, the college has been continuously accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) – a hallmark of the world’s best business schools. Nationally recognized and cutting-edge degrees, enable students to learn beyond the classroom so they can become leaders in their field.
The College Recruiter will recruit undergraduate students for the Ryan College of Business, build relationships with prospective students and their parents and support university initiatives for recruitment. This position will work collaboratively with faculty/staff in the Ryan College of Business and other departments on campus to ensure prospective students receive pertinent information and quality programming to encourage their matriculation to UNT.
Bachelor’s Degree and one year of experience in recruiting, academic advising, counseling, student services, customer service or related experience or can substitute education for experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong presentation skills and problem solving skills.
- Developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products.
- Ability to obtain credit card for travel.
- Good driving record and access to a vehicle.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Professional in appearance, motivated, self-directed and have the ability and willingness to communicate enthusiastically with diverse populations in a positive, courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Willingness to travel extensively.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Advising and/or recruitment experience in higher education
Master’s degree in Business or Higher Education
Undergraduate degree from UNT or knowledgeable about the UNT undergraduate experience