The Library Reference Assistant is responsible for carrying out all the daily activities of the Library Service Desk in an effective, customer-oriented, and professional manner. Duties include coverage at the Library Service Desk, comprising but not limited to assisting patrons with access to the library and library resources, contributing to Library knowledge bases, interpreting library holdings via the online catalog, providing library materials, operating the circulation system, checking library materials in and out, and creating and maintaining patron records. This position also includes communicating library policies to staff and library users; assisting with printing and scanning; answering basic reference questions and accurate referral of complicated inquiries to appropriate staff members; and the ability to work with the reserve module, create sets and other advanced functions of the library system . This position is also responsible for assisting with Library Service Desk statistics and Interlibrary Loan functions. This is an on-site position.
What You'll Do
- 1-2 Years of related experience required
- Required education: B.S. or B.A.
- Library circulation systems: MS Office products
- Ability to lift books and related items
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and independently.
- Enthusiasm and initiative, and the ability to prioritize diverse responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Good organizational skills.
- High-level problem-solving and technical skills.
- Ability to meet and exceed customer needs and expectations.
What We're Looking For
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong commitment to outstanding public service.
- Experience in an academic or special library.
- Comfortable with various technologies and programs including wikis; blogs.
Minimum $19.30, Midpoint $23.15, Maximum $27.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.