http://buffalo.edu/partnershipsUB Business and Entrepreneur Partnerships (BEP) is seeking a Finance & Operations Assistant to add to our diversity of thought and support activities of the team. In this role, you will interact with BEP staff and startup companies, providing support for facility operations, customer service, financial transactions and the BEP organization.
You will provide a range of administrative and support functions for a diverse customer base every day. Training will be provided in specific programs and responsibilities - if you are an organizer, a quick learner, able to successfully work independently, have decision making ability, and enjoy helping others, this position may be for you!
This is an opportunity to engage in the exciting world of startups in Western New York and be part of BEP teams that learn from and support those advancing innovations by connecting them with experts and resources.
We welcome candidates whose experience has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Under the direction of the Senior Finance & Operations Manager, you will participate in a large variety of activities. Highlights include:
Client Support - The UB Incubator @ Baird is home to over 20 technology and life science startup companies, building their business models while they develop their products. Here entrepreneurs who value diversity, inclusion and equity collaborate with others, celebrating their differences as strengths. More information can be seen at http://www.buffalo.edu/incubatorswww.buffalo.edu/incubators
* Provide a friendly, welcoming environment for startup companies, staff and visitors
* Timely responses to inquiries and requests for facilities support
* Prepare company agreements and space for new startups moving in and renewals
* Identifying and facilitating internal client communications, including backup support for the Incubator at CBLS.
* Assist with financial transactions for facility and BEP operations; interact with various UB procurement systems - system training will be provided
* Track expenses in online applications, prepare reports as directed
* Grant administration support, through financial transactions and reporting
* Prepare and track rent invoicing and receipts
* Utilize Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Financial Management systems; training will be provided
* Assist with facility operations, including facility access and safety reporting
* Ensure the spaces are in good repair, identifying and communicating needs
* Assist with events, on-site or at remote locations
* Support for personnel activities - searches, basic appointment processing, student assistant support
Business & Entrepreneur Partnerships (BEP) builds bridges between academia and industry, helps commercialize new technology and provides students with opportunities for experiential learning and employment. BEP works to connect startups and mature companies with technical expertise, incubation space, cutting-edge technology, talent, mentoring, funding resources and networks to start or grow businesses. We are a mission driven team, working together to advance innovations that will help ensure our community continues to grow with opportunity for all.
If you have questions about this opportunity or need assistance applying, please contact Sara Goodman at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org@buffalo.edu or 716.645.3515.
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work and personal pursuit - all to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our http://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits/research-foundation/regular-employees.htmlbenefits website to learn about the Research Foundation Regular Employees benefits package.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.