Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Senior Learning Designer
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
The University at Buffalo (UB) School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences seeks to hire a Senior Learning Designer. The designer will be responsible for working with content creators in the planning and development of courses for several online and on-campus academic programs. The Designer ensures that courses are consistent with university and external standards for course navigation, structure, and content. The designer will work closely with the faculty to translate student learning outcomes via various instructional technologies. This position reports to the Associate Dean for Undergraduate and On-line Education.
Job duties and responsibilities include:
- Serve as a course design expert in UB’s Learning Management System (LMS) by creating and editing courses to assist with transition to a new LMS, and by providing guidance and direct user support.
- Collaborate with faculty to identify learning needs, objectives, and appropriate instructional technology methodologies to assist in creating high-quality, interactive courses in the new LMS.
- Design and develop new training materials, user documentation, faculty guides and professional development courses, and conduct training and workshops as needed.
- Collaborate with Manager of Instructional Technologies and other staff members on strategic initiatives to create courses that align with course, program/degree curriculum, enrollment goals, and accreditation requirements.
- Create content and review course materials for ADA compliance, W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, and the SUNY Online Course Quality Review Rubric (OSCQR).
- Provide suggestions for inclusive and diverse course design; suggest or design course materials.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelors Degree and 2 years of experience in instructional design or direct support for a learning management system. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for the degree.
- Strong organizational skills and experience working in a college/university setting or company with significant experience related to instructional design, course building, or support of a learning management system required.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and respectfully with diverse populations.
- Masters Degree with three (3) or more years of experience in higher education, ideally at a research 1 institution, in the areas of instructional design, direct instructional support, or user support for a learning management system.
- Demonstrated expertise with course building and programming in one of the common learning management systems such as Blackboard, Canvas, Moodle, or Brightspace, HTML and CSS is highly desirable.
- University-level teaching experience
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |