Plans, manages, and coordinates enrollment services operations specializing in ancillary programs and services to military, veterans and corporate students/clients. Operations may include admissions, registration, records, transcript evaluations, prerequisite verification, assessment, graduation, student accounts, and other activities. Program oversight may vary and include military, veterans, international and other special student populations.
Distinguishing Career Features
The Manager, Enrollment Services is a management position responsible for the efficient and effective operations of admissions, enrollment, records, matriculation, academic progress and graduation functions and processes. The position reports to the Executive Dean of Extended Learning and supervises the work of a staff in specialized, technical and student service oriented positions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties may vary among departments and jobs. Incumbents typically perform a substantial portion or all of the following kinds of duties:
* Provides managerial oversight to the daily and long-term implementation of various contract education programs, services and operations.
* Provides leadership for and actively support web applications, electronic communication, and technological advancements in collaboration with other enrollment services of the College and District, including research, training, configuration and implementation.
* Plans, organizes, supervises, and coordinates customer services and technical work of the Enrollment Services office which may include admissions, records, residency, registration, transcript evaluations and certification services. Plans, schedules, and assigns work. Establishes priorities and adjusts assignments to assure timely completion.
* Supervises and evaluates the performance of assigned staff. Interviews and participates in selecting employees. Provides technical direction and information to staff on issues pertaining to interpretation of department guidelines and policies.
* Participates in the development of, and directs and provides accurate interpretations of rules and regulations that govern program contracts and department operations.
* Develops and administers policies, procedures, formats, and schedules for up-to-date record keeping and timely data communications for faculty, staff, and students to access information such as applications, permanent records, class rosters, grades, transcripts, and credits.
* Supervises, coordinates, and prepares database table setup of registration enrollment and drop dates, student and third party accounts, and other information to an integrated student information system that enables enrollment, additions and deletions, posting of grades and attendance, and accounts.
* Directs and prepares information to faculty and staff regarding procedures for recording and reporting attendance and grades. Provides information and guidance to staff who are interpreting and enforcing guidelines, policies, and legal requirements.
* Plans, develops, coordinates and oversees the matriculation and registration of students. Arranges for adequate staffing. Organize workflow, procedures, materials, and equipment to optimize service levels for registration.
* Organizes and supervises student accounting processes, including military and VA tuition assistance and on-line transactions. Develops, implements, oversees and evaluates procedures to facilitate and maintain the security for student fee payments and refunds. Assures that receipt and disbursement of funds complies with applicable regulations and rules.
* Supervises, coordinates, and responds to inquiries for student account information, including outstanding accounts receivable. Resolves problems associated with student accounts, including but not limited to, balances and discrepancies. Identifies and maintains up-to-date records of outstanding student account balances.
* Applies rules, determines, and adjudicates student eligibility in areas such as but not limited to veterans, military, athletics, honors, international students, residency, and graduation. Monitors student status relating to academic progress, probation and dismissal.
* Serves as a primary designated school official for VA, INS, and other programs, and custodian of college records.
* Supervises procedures for awarding college credit through transfer, examination, and evaluation using articulation agreements and guidelines.
* Oversees the preparation and distribution of a variety of reports on student enrollment and instructional data. Responds to custom data requests made by faculty and staff.
* Develops and maintains the department's annual budget to ensure adequate funding to meet department requirements. Participates in reconciling expenditure of funds with Business Services and external oversight agencies.
* Participates in student recruitment activities in areas such as, but not limited to marketing, outreach, advertising, visitations, and presentations.
* Serves as a liaison to other departments, community organizations, other educational institutions, and external agencies on matters impacting the department and college.
* Maintains up-to-date of knowledge of programs, services, policies and procedures for admissions, registration, and student records. Provides information to potential service users, including topics such as assessment, matriculation, graduation, and transfer.
* Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.