Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Motor Vehicle Operator, Grounds
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
In this role as a Motor Vehicle Operator, you will be responsible for the operation, routine servicing, loading and unload of large motor vehicles we well as the removal of snow and ice during the snow season. In this position, you will be responsible for the following:
- Operating large garbage packers, backhoes, dump trucks, loaders, tractors, snow & ice removal equipment, turf maintenance equipment, and other grounds maintenance equipment
- Assisting with spraying, turf repair, fertilizing, grass cutting, pruning and planting projects
- Driving large delivery vehicles, loading and unloading, and transporting freight
- Routine service on motorized/ non-motorized vehicles and equipment which includes changing tires, lubrication, check and add fluids, install/remove snow plows, and perform minor repairs
- Moving cargo on and off vehicles
- Removing snow and ice from paved surfaces
- Performing manual labor associated with maintaining campus grounds
- Maintaining daily reports on activities performed
This position is defined as safety-sensitive, and as such, is subject pre employment and random alcohol and drug testing under the Omnibus Transportation Employee Testing Act of 1991.Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website
to learn about our benefit packages.About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |