The Henry and Lois Foster Hospital for Small Animals provides 24-hour care for pets 365 days of the year. Since 1979, we have offered high quality medical care, consultation, referral and emergency veterinary services for the care of dogs, cats and exotic pets. The hospital also serves as the primary clinical training environment for the veterinary students, interns and residents.
The Client Service department in the small and large animal hospitals includes Reception (SAH and HLA front desks), Client Liaisons, and Medical Records. The primary functions of these departments are to ensure excellence in client service and client experience in all interactions of both hospitals.
What You'll Do
The Client Service Assistant works as part of an integrated care team to provide high quality administrative support and service to external and internal customers. Responsibilities include:
- Greeting and registering clients
- Admitting and discharging patients,
- Scheduling appointments
- Assisting callers and managing patient records.
- Maintain electronic medical record systems.
- Process internal and external client requests; including insurance, records, lab results, imaging, etc…
- Work closely with Hospital Administration to provide full-record copies.
- Communicate with clinicians to assure the patient’s medical record is finalized.
- Notify RDVMs of patient admission.
Specific allocation of responsibilities may change depending upon the needs of the Hospital.
What We're Looking For
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of customer service experience
- Exceptional communication skills (both in person, in writing and by telephone) showing close attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities within a busy clinical setting.
- Ability to effectively work as a member of a diverse team of clinical and administrative professionals
- Skilled in providing empathy and compassion internal clients and bereaved clients
- Advanced computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Outlook and Excel; and the ability to quickly learn the electronic medical record systems, imaging formats, and teleconferencing systems.
- Able to type a minimum of 60 words per minute.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. with or without accommodation
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study.
- Mastery in administering a multi-line telephone switchboard system.
- 3 -5 years of customer service experience, particularly in the fields of veterinary or human medicine.
- Certifications in leadership development and/or client service areas.
- Exceptional Client Service Awards and/or acknowledgments.
- Knowledge of medical/veterinary terminology.
- Experience in the Animal or Veterinary Industry