The Tufts University Department of Education is comprised of 16 full-time faculty, approximately 20 part-time faculty, 3 staff members (this position will be the 4th), over 125 graduate students across 7 graduate programs, and a growing number of students in the newer undergraduate major. Our varied programs prepare students to work in schools as teachers or as school psychologists, for careers in museums, and for careers in educational research. Many faculty and students conduct grant-funded research in their fields, as well as collaborate with departments across the university and surrounding communities. For more information, visit our website.
What You'll Do
This is a hybrid position expected to be on campus at least 2 days each week, and for planned meetings and events.
Under minimal supervision, the Administrative Coordinator provides advanced administrative support and communications for the department. S/he/they will handle complex and confidential situations and requests and serve in as a primary resource for the department’s students, staff, faculty and other constituents. S/he/they will oversee daily operations of the office, manage workflow and productivity, and provide direction and guidance to office student staff.
The Administrative Coordinator will draft reports and other complex documents and materials–including proofreading, editing, and designing layout and graphics for brochures, presentations, and online media. The Administrative Coordinator will develop budgets for marketing and speaker series in collaboration with Senior Department Administration and University Marketing Staff. The Administrative Coordinator will plan meetings and special events (e.g.: orientation, commencement, community building events), including contacting speakers, designing promotional material, and coordinating support for speakers and presenters. The Administrative Coordinator may also coordinate or support other programs and/or projects for the department as needed.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired by a High school diploma/GED and 5+ years of administrative experience OR a Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of experience.
- Requires advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including word processing, editing and graphics functions, spreadsheet and database knowledge.
- In addition, bookkeeping or basic accounting knowledge and excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with the following systems or suites preferred: Canva, YouTube, Facebook, Drupal, Adobe Creative Suite, Canvas, Peoplesoft, Filemaker, WordPress.
- Ability to work the occasional off-hours for events, including nights and weekends.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.