The Department of Communicative Disorders and Sciences is seeking an Office Assistant 2 to work in the Speech and Hearing Clinic at the University at Buffalo. The incumbent is required to work a substantial amount with customers, students and faculty. They will also work with clients to schedule appointments, process intake forms, and manage the client filing/records.
* You will have constant communication with various individuals, in order to field questions, convey information, and resolve issues.
* You will be cognizant of the specialties of the clinicians to answer questions appropriately regarding services offered.
* You will be responsible for a high level of confidentiality as well as being concerned with HIPAA rules and regulations.
* You will be responsible for greeting and assisting clients/customers (interview clients to obtain information in completing paperwork and forms) via phone and in person; set up appointments and follow-up evaluations as needed, handling multi-line telephone system, filing and messaging; coordinating facility and computing work orders, maintaining client information and files, ordering office supplies; collect fees/payments; issue parking pass.
* You will also be assisting with orientation and graduation events.
About the Speech-Language & Hearing Clinic
The University at Buffalo’s Speech-Language & Hearing Clinic is the training facility for students who are majoring in Speech Pathology and Audiology in the Department of Communicative Disorders and Sciences. We provide services for hundreds of Western New York residents each year.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our http://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits/state/csea.htmlbenefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.