As the Dental Liaison Librarian, you will provide research and teaching support to faculty, students, and researchers in the University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine. You will be a part of the Health Sciences Library Services (HSLS) team, serving the research and education needs of faculty, staff, students, and researchers of the five health sciences schools located across the three University at Buffalo campuses.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Providing research support to faculty as the primary liaison to the School of Dental Medicine.
• Designing and teaching curriculum-integrated instruction sessions in a variety of formats to meet the needs of diverse user groups.
• Providing expert search services for systematic reviews and other research projects as needed.
• Serving as full member of the HSLS team and contributing to the research literacy efforts of students, faculty, staff, and key partners of the health sciences schools and their affiliates.
• Collaborating with fellow team members to develop new services and programs in emerging areas of health sciences information education.
• Communicating current issues and trends in scholarly communication and open access publishing to faculty and staff in relevant disciplines.
• Developing outreach activities and communication to promote library resources and services to the university community.
• Demonstrating commitment to continued professional growth and active participation in professional activities and service.
Based upon your qualifications, experience, the University’s standards for continuing appointment, and Libraries’ standards in librarianship, service and scholarship, we anticipate appointing you at the rank of Senior Assistant Librarian. You will report to the Head of Health Sciences Library Services and work with librarians and staff across the University Libraries.
We invite individuals to apply whose perspectives and experiences will enrich and strengthen our organization. The library serves an increasingly diverse constituency of patrons, and our employees, services, collections, and policies should honor and reflect this diversity. We encourage candidates who thrive in a welcoming multicultural environment to apply.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
About the University Libraries
SUNY’s largest academic research library offers an outstanding array of information resources, technologies, services, and people to support academic achievement. The Libraries play a vital role in the academic success of our students, the teaching and research of our faculty, and the intellectual pursuits of our alumni and community members. Our broad selection of digital and print resources, innovative services, and expert staff support scholarly and creative achievements in new and exciting ways.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.