Provides programming, technical, analytical and functional support to a system which is both a degree audit and online student educational plan software and analytical tool supporting accurate reporting of course transfer credit, degree/certificate evaluation, course scheduling, and enrollment projections. Reviews, analyzes, and updates program, degree, certificate, and transfer requirements to ensure that the degree audit system is maintained with the most accurate information.
Distinguishing Career Features
The Program Support Specialist is a senior-level technical position that combines information technology and advanced technical and functional knowledge, and troubleshooting of degree audit software to ensure the degree audit system is maintained with the most accurate information and capability of assessing students' academic progress and completion. Advancement to this position requires the ability to use degree audit system tools to enhance the accuracy of the audit and confirmation process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties may vary among departments and jobs. Incumbents typically perform a substantial portion or all of the following kinds of duties:
* Administers and maintains an integrated system to facilitate accurate reporting for course transfer credit; degree/certificate evaluation; course scheduling; and enrollment management projections.
* Provides technical and functional support for the degree audit and student education plan software including testing and programming, assisting Information Technology staff with patches and updates, writing and updating technical documentation, and creating and maintaining reports.
* Encodes the course and other requirements of the three colleges in the District for programs, degrees, certificates and transfers using the system tools to scribe data into the degree audit system, accurately and within set time parameters. Troubleshoots interface issues between the degree audit and other systems.
* Prepares the degree audit software using the proper coding, scribe blocks, and tests to verify functionality and compliance with the rules for academic progress and completion.
* Identifies, collects and assembles source documents from appropriate college and District office divisions and analyzes degree, certificate, transfer, and program of study completion requirements to determine how to scribe it into the degree audit system using the Scribe tools.
* Collects and updates information on program, degree, certificate, and transfer requirements from other agencies, colleges, and universities.
* Works with appropriate staff to create and maintain an inventory of, and track external college catalog articulation information in the District enterprise resource planning system (Banner).
* Serves as a liaison between District Education Services and Technology office and appropriate units at the colleges, and on matters concerning the degree audit and student educational plan system.
* Responds to questions from the colleges and District Office concerning the degree audit system, course encoding requirements, or web audit outputs.
* Provides assistance to faculty and staff in the interpretation of articulated coursework and degree audits.
* Provides technical assistance to various departments and responds to user inquiries to resolve issues in a timely manner.
* Performs test audits or transfer coursework data entry to ensure accuracy of articulated coursework. Translates policies into degree audit tools for supporting curriculum planning, advising, and graduation requirements.
* Performs other duties as assigned to accomplish the objectives of the position.