Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Senior Multimedia Producer
Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women's undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You're joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace.
Simmons University is looking for a Senior Multimedia Producer to join the Marketing and Communications department. Reporting to the Content Manager & Strategist, the Senior Multimedia Producer oversees and maintains the Simmons brand in all videos produced for Simmons University; directly managing multimedia projects for the Marketing & Communications Department and consulting on any multimedia projects produced on behalf of Simmons, ensuring adherence to the Simmons visual brand identity and core messaging. From promoting key news and events to covering academic programs, student life, and accomplishments, the Senior Multimedia Producer will play a critical role in telling the story of Simmons' students, faculty, staff and alumnae/i and showcasing and strengthening Simmons' reputation locally, nationally and globally.
The ideal candidate will have advanced skills in media capture and creative editing with a keen eye for storytelling. This individual will be self-directed, but also value teamwork and collaboration. As a University committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, we are also looking for individuals who embody and are committed to incorporating these values throughout their work.
Multimedia Strategy, Production & Analytics
Art Direction & Oversight
- Produce, direct and manage all video production and multimedia projects produced on behalf of the Marketing and Communications Department, including pitching story ideas, interview logistics, and b-roll;
- Execute and coordinate each multimedia project's media and technical elements including narration, motion graphics, audio and visual effects, editing and transmission;
- Manage multimedia assets, including maintaining high-level schedule for creation, timing and placement of videos on social media channels and the external website;
- Strategically identify gaps and integrate multimedia to optimize the external website with videos and photography;
- Create and maintain a University-wide multimedia policy and enforcing branding, length, messaging, and accessibility in all Simmons-related multimedia assets;
- Analyze and monitor multimedia platforms, including Simmons' YouTube account, and report out on analytics, developing benchmarks for measure video impact;
- Provide photography support as needed;
- Other responsibilities as assigned;
- Consult on all video production and multimedia projects produced on behalf of Simmons University to ensure that all multimedia projects adhere to the Simmons visual brand identity and core messaging;
- Provide oversight for production and art direction to the Woman on Campus, junior producers, student workers, and outside vendors on multimedia projects;
Required Application Materials
- Bachelors' degree Multimedia/Visual Communications, Graphics Design, Public Relations, Marketing or related field preferred;
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in video and photography production, preferably for an interactive agency, corporation or higher education institution;
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work across a diverse array of stakeholders, audiences and third party vendors;
- Strong attention to detail, time management and organizational skills;
- Experience managing sensitive situations with professionalism;
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal;
- Ability to work occasional evening, holiday or weekend hours and/or travel (less than 10%) as required.
Instructions to Applicants
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Senior-Multimedia-Producer_R05765
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |