Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Staff Experience Analyst (7397U) , Haas School of Business 9342
University of California Berkeley
Staff Experience Analyst (7397U) , Haas School of Business 9342
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles
, our Principles of Community
, and our Strategic Plan.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: August 12, 2020
UC Berkeley's Haas School of Business offers a unique opportunity to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and continually learn in a workplace committed to increasing diversity and creating a welcoming environment for all.
Our distinctive culture is captured within our four Defining Leadership Principles: Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always, and Beyond Yourself. These principles distinguish Berkeley Haas as a unique environment, conducive to teamwork, collaboration, and career growth.
For more information about the Haas School of Business visit: https://haas.berkeley.edu/about/
The Staff Experience Analyst assists in the planning, development, and administration of policies and programs to support the Haas Human Resources team and staff experience goals. Applies professional concepts to conduct analytical studies or projects of moderate scope and complexity to address a variety of policy, research, and procedural issues. Fully analyzes issues and problems, gathers data and information, finds and evaluates alternatives, and makes sound recommendations.
Assists in planning, development, and administration of policies and programs to support Haas Human Resources and staff experience goals. The role for this position is to 1) participate in the development and execution of HR strategies 2) align staff processes with Haas culture and strategy 3) create and coordinate programs for staff engagement and 4) streamline and customize staff access to information and resources.
Involves analytical studies on a variety of policies, projects, programs, and issues in support of a function, program and/or organizational unit, or in the research of new or changing systems and programs. Assists in policy and program planning, development, and administration; interprets, monitors, and analyzes information regarding policies and procedures and provides consultative services to department administrators.
- Gather and assemble analytical and factual data on assigned problems and issues to prepare reports and/or analyses summarizing information on the assigned issues and commenting on other significance for internal or external constituents.
- Manages confidential human resources information such as FTE tracking, staff experience, onboarding, staff engagement, compensation, and separation data. Information may be obtained from various sources that are used to prepare reports and analyses summarizing information of significance for internal constituents.
- Manages HR reporting internally and externally (FTE tracking, separations, staff experience data) using tools such as Excel, SmartSheet, and other enterprise systems.
- Analyze existing Haas staff policies/practices and prevailing practices among similar organizations to recommend competitive programs aimed at engagement and retention.
- Gathers and disseminates organizational data (organization charts, job descriptions)
- Coordinate key events such as Staff Town Halls, Staff Appreciation events, Lunch and Learn sessions, and other HR-sponsored events.
- Consult with leadership and stakeholders on assigned events and event planning.
- Plan, organize, and identify real and potential event locations and vendors; manage contract negotiations for external venues, catering, and any other event logistics.
- Determine and coordinate staffing needs for events, particularly related to student workers and staff participation.
- Ensure successful, effective events; recognize and resolve potential and real problems in a timely manner using tact, sensitivity, discretion, and political acumen.
- Researches and analyzes processes, procedures, policies, and organizational structures in order to develop and/or implement changes and to provide consultative services regarding general management to department administrators.
- UCPath - advises supervisors and managers regarding UCPath processes and procedures.
- Serves as a UCPath subject matter expert, providing consultative services for individual contributors in the navigation of UCPath.
- Serve as a liaison with Berkeley Regional Services (BRS), monitor Service Now cases from initial ticket creation through close-out; provide consultative services regarding student hiring, separations, position management updates, etc.
- Creates and designs tools for position management and position financial management.
- Collaborates and meets with the Finance team to lead, educate, and troubleshoot regarding internal processes.
- Enterprise (UC Path) reporting including staff rosters, FTE reports, date range data, exit data, data searches, demographic data, etc.
- Manage Haas' contingent workforce, to ensure appropriate and time-sensitive appointment changes on UCPath, which directly impact staff compensation, access to systems, unit operations, etc.
- Coordinate, leads, and/or participate in committees and working groups.
- Serve as coordinator for Haas Staff Recognition Programs (e.g., Star, HEART, Achievement);
- Coordinate evaluation of recognition program nominations with associated committees; ensure compliance with university policy; maintain records; monitor budget; manage communications.
- Participate in other committees (e.g., personnel, operations) as assigned.
- Research and draft complex proposals, reports, briefings, executive summaries, speeches, and written communications.
- In collaboration with Haas Marketing Communications team, Haas Operations Team, and Haas Technology Solutions; design communication strategies and vehicles for the members of the Senior Leadership team that aligns with Haas' brand and culture. This includes website redesign, relaunch, and management.
- Participates in the design and drafting of organizational website content; drafts communications and correspondence to organizational constituents. In collaboration with the Haas Leadership team, plans and designs school-wide communications.
- Prepares presentations and reports for new initiatives and to provide ongoing communication to Haas staff.
- Prepares and updates ongoing management tools (i.e, Manager's Toolkit)
- Perform ad hoc, analytical studies on a wide variety of policies, programs, and issues that are complex in nature.
- Design and deliver analytical reports for Academic HR survey data as it pertains to the school's staff demographics, FTE, total staff, and compensation data as applicable.
- In partnership with Haas Finance, create and process datasets that capture filled vs. vacant position numbers, headcount per unit, catch errors/updates in position funding, etc.
- Performs other analytical studies as needed for HR-related matters.
- Monitors and analyzes changes in external regulations, legislation, and UC policies for impact on the Campus.
- Researches and summarizes best practices on campus in areas including limited/contract employee appointment management, and student hiring.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for student hires, and contingent workforce management.
- Provide a variety of administrative duties in support of the Haas HR and Administration team and other duties as assigned.
- Career Development: By embracing the principle of being a student always
- Attend classes to enhance expertise in job areas and improve communication.
- Attend relevant campus training courses or classes to gain knowledge of or to become more proficient with campus policies and/or role relevant skills.
- Seek additional training opportunities that allow growth within the position and to develop professionally.
- Working knowledge of common campus specific and other computer application programs. Experience leveraging technology to improve delivery of services.
- Proficient in communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using discretion and maintaining all confidentiality.
- Skilled at using sound judgment in responding to issues and concerns.
- Demonstrates knowledge of how to analyze, research and synthesize large amounts of data with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrates multi-tasking skills with demanding timeframes.
- Has analytical skills to conduct research, analysis and develop recommendations; demonstrated organization skills and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of and experience with complex workflows and project coordination.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Demonstrates effective skills in speaking and presenting information to groups of internal constituents.
- Possesses basic knowledge of human resources policies, programs and ability to learn quickly campus procedures.
- Working knowledge of or the ability to learn quickly Haas organization structure, culture, defining principles and strategic goals.
Salary & Benefits
This is a non-exempt, biweekly paid position. Hourly pay is commensurate with experience within the range of $24.14 - $34.87 per hour.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=9342&PostingSeq=1
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |