The Administrative Associate supports the work of the Division of University Advancement and collaborates with other divisional and university colleagues to increase private support and engagement. The incumbent must have extensive office management and project management experience, as well as a command of MS Office tools and programs. Additionally, the incumbent will have experience working in support of large, complex organizations, highly developed professional and interpersonal skills appropriate to a public office environment, the ability to learn new skills quickly, and the ability to appropriately handle confidential information and customer service issues. The Administrative Associate is responsible for performing various administrative duties as well as activities that directly enhance the work of the advancement officers he/she supports, frequently of a complex and confidential nature. Day to day work is mostly independent with unusual situations referred to others.
* In partnership with advancement officers, manages relationships with team’s donors and prospects in a professional and proactive manner including but not limited to the coordination of specialized donor cultivation and stewardship opportunities and special donor-student interactions, such as campus visits, building tours, donor attendance at signature events (e.g. commencement, honors convocation and white coat ceremony, etc.). Supports specialized requests from donors, such as requests for information, special appointments and impact updates.
* Supports development of briefing materials and leave behinds (e.g., publications and other UB information relevant to prospect/donor interest), proposals, correspondence and other documents as necessary and requested to advance the work of the advancement officers. Formats and proofreads documents and reports.
* Tracks and updates, within the alumni/donor database, all prospect and donor moves, proposals, and contacts on behalf of advancement officers, often of a sensitive or confidential nature. Generates and reviews progress reports to facilitate the timely and accurate tracking of all advancement officer activity.
* Proactively manages biographical records for team’s managed prospects and donors to ensure complete and accurate address, contact, martial and employment information is available for prospect/donor engagement and communication.
* Reviews gift reports, referral emails, alumni in the news posts, and other sources for prospect leads and cultivation/stewardship opportunities, coordinating outreach, as appropriate, with advancement officers.
* Reviews prospect lists by geographic area for relevance and potential. Assembles giving details, past contact history, business information and other relevant details for review by advancement officers. After review, prioritizes/coordinates outreach to build meaningful trips for advancement officers. Assists with prospect/donor follow-up as necessary.
* Responds to prospect/donor inquiries with a professional and personable demeanor and a focus on timely and helpful service.
* Maintains active calendar of appointments for the Senior Executive Director of Advancement as well as the other advancement officers on the team, in a timely and accurate fashion, always exercising good judgement and assessing priorities.
* Manages all travel arrangements (including Sr. AVP preapprovals) and expense reimbursements for the advancement staff which includes creating detailed itineraries and, frequently, interacting with donors and their assistants and family members.
* Coordinates a variety of special projects that may include report generation, presentation development, mailing oversight (holiday cards, birthday cards, newsletters, etc.), notifications to staff and printing projects.
* Provides support needed for internal/external meeting and event planning including but not limited to event logistics (e.g., invitation development, catering, nametags), invitation list development and report generation.
* Manages administrative support functions for the advancement team with attention to work priority, detail and timely follow-up, serving as the liaison for ongoing collaboration and timely response to communication matters (e.g., website updates, newsletter content, requests for/updates to mailing lists), annual appeal efforts (e.g. mailings and crowdfunding campaigns) expenditure of philanthropic funds, requests for information, event-related questions.
* Monitors team expenditures and compiles budget data to assist in managerial review; prepares and processes disbursement requests.
* Manages departmental mail and works within divisional guidelines for cash handling to ensure that all gifts and commitments received are processed in a timely and secure manner.
* Tracks departmental supplies such as case statements, business cards etc. and replenishes inventory as necessary.
* Serves as back up to other administrative associates as requested.
* Maintains an organized and integrated filing system, including both electronic and paper files.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our http://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits/research-foundation/regular-employees.htmlbenefit packages.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the http://buffalo.edu/University at Buffalo.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.