, a campus-based entrepreneurship and innovation center, is accepting applications to fill the Entrepreneurial Training Coordinator
position focused on developing entrepreneurial skills and mindset in students to support future innovators and makers to contribute to economic development.
The Entrepreneurial Training Coordinator will lead and manage our portfolio of entrepreneurial development programs designed to encourage, inspire, and empower our future innovators and makers.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Cultivate relationships with Western New York entrepreneurs and alumni to serve as mentors and experts in residents;
- Facilitate the Startup Boot Camp, Startup Week, and Summer Accelerator Program.
- Coordinate the Inclusive Launch Foundry program.
- Develop services that encourage students, both graduate and undergraduate, to pursue entrepreneurship as a career path and/or develop an entrepreneurial mindset and skillset as an innovator.
- Coordinate host of entrepreneurial skills training workshops hosted by friends of the university and alumni.
- Coordinate a holistic venture coaching support program for student entrepreneurs and venture teams.
The Entrepreneurial Training coordinator will catalyze more innovations from students to move from idea to market through startup formation and growth. You will develop and expand entrepreneur support services and programs with a goal of increasing success rate, helping student develop their entrepreneurial skills and mindsets. This position will support year-round programming for the Blackstone LaunchPad program.
This position would be ideal for someone who values autonomy, impacting the lives of young people through education, and working in a small, dynamic, and collaborative team environment. This position would be a great transitional jump for those coming from educational backgrounds and/or program manager positions in the startup and innovation ecosystem (incubators, accelerators, etc.), as well as entrepreneurs looking to contribute by empowering the next innovators. This is an opportunity to gain phenomenal experience, broaden your network, and support students pursuing their passions.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
About Student Life
As a member of Student Life, you will join service professionals, all driven by one shared set of values designed to help ensure students’ well-being, create a safe and supportive environment and promote student success. In Student Life, growth is a shared passion. We aim for excellence, thinking big and going bold. We pursue our goals tenaciously while stewarding the student experience. We build communities and advance diversity in all forms. We encourage discovery and celebrate success.About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of experience, or Master’s degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in oral and written communication
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team
- Ability to assess workload, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines to successfully manage concurrent projects for multiple areas with accuracy
- Ability to learn quickly and be flexible
- Ability to undertake and complete tasks with minimal supervision and demonstrate individual initiative
- Experience in higher education, program development, and/or supporting college bound students
- Experience with learning design and assessment
- Experience with marketing communications and outreach activities
- Demonstrated interest in technology, startups, entrepreneurship, innovation, or venture capital