Associate I - Catering (part time, 12-months)
412-Dining Services Operations
The Associate I - Catering performs a variety of tasks required in assisting with kitchen prep, set ups, pots and dish machine. This person will work with management and co-workers to instill and foster the value of the Villanova Mission Statement and the Dining Services Mission Statement. This person will focus on our Core Values : Safety and Sanitation, Friendly Courteous Service, Quality, Meticulous Attention to Detail, and Safety. All of our associates should improve our systems and overall operation.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists culinary team in the kitchen for prep and service set ups.
- Operates dish machine and cleans pots as needed. Records proper temperatures. Loads and unloads dish machine
- Performs other duties and assists with projects as assigned.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Basic knowledge of cleaning practices.
- Previous food service experience helpful.
- Ability to understand and follow written and/or oral instructions.
- Ability to work in refrigerated area.
Special Message to Applicants
- Ability to lift, push, pull up to 30 lbs independently.
- Ability to use various chemicals.
- Ability to use sit/stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to withstand extreme temperatures (hot/cold).
Monday Friday 7am -1pm
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information:
$10.60 per hour
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/14814
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.