Talent Management Coordinator (7747U)
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptanceacademic and artistic, political and culturalmake it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: November 15, 2019
Central Human Resources is valued as UC Berkeley's proactive people partner while utilizing the following HR Strategies:
- One HR - Bring clarity and efficiency to HR processes and structure through cross-team collaboration and transparent communication.
- People - Use development opportunities beyond training to create deeper engagement, higher trust, and better performance.
- Culture - Apply Berkeley brand to developing a shared enterprise contributor mindset among all.
University Development and Alumni Relations (UDAR), formerly named University Relations, increases support for and enhances knowledge of UC Berkeley through communications, public outreach, and fundraising. The department is responsible for centralized fundraising and donor engagement, and works to strengthen unit development offices by consulting and partnering with campus fundraisers. University Development and Alumni Relations also handles a range of central activities and services encompassing events, communications, stewardship, prospect development, gift management, database management, and more.
UDAR's Talent Management and Workforce Planning is comprised of experts who provide client services according to UDAR's strategies and business priorities throughout the campaign's mission to inspire life-long relationships with donors, alumni, and volunteers. Our talent management and workforce planning group provides an array of HR services, consultation, and advisement including talent acquisition and hiring, onboarding and integration, training and professional development, as well as performance management to UDAR's business leaders and teams charged with this mission.
The incumbent uses professional employment and staffing techniques for employment programs as well as employee lifecycle concepts and practices from hire to retire. The Talent Management Coordinator works on staffing/employment for campus advancement professionals of varying levels. Sixty percent of the incumbent's work supports the development program talent acquisition, recruiting and hiring. Forty percent of the incumbent's work supports UDAR's onboarding and employee integration services as well as training and professional development.
Recruitment & Talent Management:
Provides recruiting coordination, requisition management, and new hiring support in the following areas:
- Manages sensitive and confidential information and effectively and collaboratively interacts with client groups and UDAR's Talent Acquisition Manager, Development Program, on multiple matters pertaining to Advancement staffing needs.
- Applies professional employment and staffing techniques and concepts including campus policies and procedures to address and resolve moderately complex staffing needs.
- Coordinates administrative and operation functions for all phases of recruitment/talent acquisition, from sourcing and employment advertising (social media and online), assisting with recruitment intake/planning, conduct initial screening of resumes to determine minimum requirements met, interview scheduling with stakeholders, some reference checking, processing of Initial Interview Questionnaires, drafting offer letters, and document new hires.
- Communicates with candidates on interview invitations and confirmations, video conferencing arrangements, occasional travel arrangements using Conexus and BearBuy, and setting up campus tours for top candidates.
- Manages requisition onset through Service Now ticketing system; assist with draft position postings, update status of recruitment progression/steps, upload offer and create and close onboarding ticket.
- Manages and maintains new hire documentation/records for staff, including equal employment opportunity and affirmative action reporting requirements (the ADF and the IDF); send and collect completed documents from campus unit hiring managers; upload into TAM (Talent Acquisition Management System).
Onboarding and Integration:
Provide onboarding and new employee support for newly hired and integrated employees, especially through the first year of employment, including:
- Work with hiring managers to provide guidance on the orientation and onboarding of new employee, outreach to new employee to begin onboarding process prior to start date, meet with employee on first day and provide advisement/support to employee at intervals throughout employee's first year.
- Maintenance of new employee onboarding checklist and quick reference guides.
- Request development hires reports from HR business partner(s) as well as unit contacts or managers and review for transfers or new hires; add new or transitioning staff to our internal documentation, systems, or spreadsheets.
- Work with Finance and Administration staff members on facilities/equipment components of onboarding; add new employees to listservs.
- Review and maintain requisition reports, employee status, and employee integration information in unit spreadsheets to effectively track new hires and their employment lifecycle; recommend and implement procedural changes for talent management processes, especially for data management tracking from hire to departure.
- Maintains documents, links, and updated staff listings on Eureka (Advancement intranet), including the Advancement Photo Directory and Working in Advancement at Cal sections.
- Generate reports on Advancement staff composition for clients in UDAR and campus units.
Training and Professional Development:
Provide training and professional development support for Advancement employees that are new or ongoing professionals, including:
- Manage joint onboarding and training helpdesk' by responding to general inquiries and sending welcome emails to new employees.
- Create courses in the Learning Management System and produce reports for attendance metrics on ILT and eLearning advancement courses.
- Create annual enrollment reports from LMS data to share metrics with Training Manager, HR Director, and Senior Management Team.
- Create, merge, and manage campus advancement spreadsheets for tracking onboarding and training attendance status of various advancement audiences (i.e. MGOs, AGOs, DAs); recommend and implement procedural changes for talent management processes, especially for data management tracking from hire to departure.
- Occasionally assist with instructor-led training session set-up including catering or refreshment orders, conference room scheduling, and arrangements.
- Minimum two years of experience in talent acquisition, recruiting coordination, and human resources.
- Possesses strong analytical skills to conduct analysis and develop recommendations, demonstrating exceptional organizational skills and work flow/project prioritization.
- Has knowledge and/or experience in the following areas: talent acquisition and management, recruiting, campus policies and procedures (or ability to learn), employment practices, salary administration, onboarding, training and professional development; offer strong problem-solving skills.
- Is highly skilled in communicating clearly and effectively verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrates superior skills in prioritizing competing work assignments, employing political acumen and integrating information to determine appropriate courses of action.
- Demonstrates advanced Excel spreadsheet skills for merging or consolidating HR data for employee lifecycle.
- Possesses strong active listening and critical thinking skills.
- Must be able to handle sensitive personnel issues with confidentiality, tact, and discretion.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of staff to include CHR, UDAR, and campus constituents.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment.
- Experience with UC Berkeley HR systems (i.e. TAM, HRIM, Service Now, Cal Answers).
Salary & Benefits
This position is a non-exempt, bi-weekly paid position. Hourly pay for this role is commensurate with experience.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=2607&PostingSeq=1