Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Administrative Coordinator - Friedman School of Nutrition
As the only graduate school of nutrition in North America, the Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy provides cutting-edge research and education from individuals to food systems, and from genetics to policy. Read about our pledge to diversity and inclusion, celebrate our wins with us, and look at our goals. You’ll be joining a leading institution for evidence-based nutrition education, research, and public impact.
Our employee benefits will make you welcome at Tufts, and the sense of community will make you want to stay.
If you are a team-player and passionate about your work, we want you to read further.
What You'll Do
We are looking for a Faculty Coordinator in our Business Operations department. The Faculty Coordinator serves as a performs a wide range of complex administrative duties that support teaching, research, advising, travel, and related activities for a portfolio of faculty members in the Friedman School. This work includes day-to-day activities such as the below:
- Managing calendars
- Arranging travel
- Processing financial transactions and reimbursements
- Coordinating and supporting events
- Acting as a central source of information, problem solving, guidance and explanation of policies and procedures for faculty
- Coordinating with contacts across the school/university, collaborators, and external contacts
- Drafting, producing, proofreading, formatting, and editing reports, documents, presentations, tables, and other materials
- General administrative support across the needs of the school and between multiple staff members and constituencies
- Providing administrative and project support to the Executive Administrative Dean and the Director of Business Operations
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired by a college degree and a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a support staff role, including relevant experience in an office environment or supporting faculty or executives.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and proofreading ability
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, and the ability to reprioritize as needed in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work with interruptions, adapt to change, and respond quickly to last minute requests and changes to calendars, schedules and/or travel
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, make appropriate adjustments to work flow and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, demonstrate initiative and solve problems, and elevate issues as appropriate.
- Strong work ethic, follow-through, proactive approach to work, and dependable
- Competency using a variety of computer applications, especially Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must possess the ability to learn and adapt to new systems and software quickly
- Solid working knowledge of basic financial concepts
- Experience supporting multiple supervisors
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
This is a hybrid role but is expected to be on site most days.
Minimum $26.40, Midpoint $31.40, Maximum $36.40
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |