Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Facilities Maintenance Technician
Facilities Maintenance Technician
Starting salary range of $25,749 - $28,324 is based on the Lee College Classified Staff Salary Scale, A13. Placement on scale is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Under the guidance and direction of the Director of Physical Plant, the Facilities Maintenance Technician will assist all craft personnel with routine and preventative maintenance repairs on all college buildings, mechanical equipment, utility systems, and grounds work.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist Carpenter in constructing cabinets, performing finish and trim work, building projects, pouring concrete, etc.
- Perform painting on carpentry, pipe, finished walls, etc. and tape and float walls, etc.
- Assist Plumber.
- Assist Auto Mechanic (e.g., gas vehicles, wash vehicles, etc.)
- Change filters.
- Perform other general maintenance work as required.
- Mow and trim lawn (e.g., weed eating, stick edging, and blowing sidewalks).
- Clear parking lots of trash.
- Handle weed control.
- Fertilize lawn, trees, and shrubs.
- Apply various pesticides and herbicides, as appropriate.
- Plant flowers, shrubs, and trees.
- Perform minor maintenance on mowers, edgers, and trimmers.
- Maintain underground irrigation system.
- Install and landscape on new projects.
- Prepare plants for special events.
- Trim and cut down trees.
- Transport equipment and material as required.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist moving crew and other craftsman as needed.
- Power wash buildings and windows as needed.
- Maintain pool and fountain as needed.
- Clean pool vacuum cleaner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Five (5) years of related work experience
- Ability to utilize a weed eater, blower, mowers, chainsaw, pale saw, edger, and trimmer
- Ability to utilize back hoe, front end loader, man lift, and other grounds equipment
- Must be familiar with and work within industry safety requirements for tools, equipment, and use of personal protective equipment
- Must have a valid Texas drivers license
- Must be able to push, pull, lift, and/or carry loads of eighty (80) pounds for fifty (50) feet or more on a frequent basis
- Must be able to work from ladders, boom trucks, or man lift
- Must be able to stand, sit, kneel, squat, bend, stoop, twist, walk, grasp/squeeze for long periods of time
- Must be able to work in hot, humid, wet, and/or cold conditions as warranted
- Able to work individually and/or in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Must be customer focused; continually improving on customer service
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Experience in education, hospital, or customer focused industry
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed course work
. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6759
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |