The Tufts University Advancement division (UA) is a comprehensive development and alumni relations enterprise with a staff complement of approximately 200 FTE. Functional units within UA include development/fundraising, alumni relations, stewardship and donor relations, advancement communications, special events, gift processing, research, prospect management, gift planning, corporate and foundation relations, informational systems and management, and infrastructure services. UA’s mission is to build strong, lifelong relationships with Tufts University’s constituents, match donors’ interests with the university’s needs, and priorities, and secure the financial resources necessary for Tufts to achieve excellence in teaching, research, and scholarship. The division is committed to serving the academic agenda of the university, creating a culture of philanthropy in the extended Tufts community, and pursuing excellence and best practices in its work. Integrity, collegiality, diversity, accountability, mutual trust, and respect for the individual as well as the intentions of our donors are the values that guide the division’s work.
The University is currently in a $1.5B campaign called Brighter World.
What You'll Do
Under minimal supervision, the Administrative Coordinator provides high level administrative support to the Parents Giving Program. They will handle complex and confidential information and requests and serve as resource to students, staff, faculty, and other constituents interfacing with the Parents Giving Program. They will oversee daily operations of the office, draft and edit marketing and communication pieces, briefings, donor letters, and presentations drafts, and design layout and graphics for brochures and presentations. Coordinate department budget, including monitoring and tracking expenditures, and preparing expense reports. Gather donor giving data, plan and coordinate meetings and special events, including contacting speakers, designing promotional material, and coordinating support for speakers and presenters. May also coordinate programs and/or projects for department.
What We're Looking For
• Typically a high school diploma/GED and 5+ years of administrative experience OR a bachelor's degree and 3+ years of experience. Requires advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including word processing, editing and graphics functions, spreadsheet and database knowledge. In addition, bookkeeping or basic accounting knowledge and excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
Preferred Experience, Education, etc.
• 1-3yrs of professional experience in volunteer management, fundraising/development or parent/alumni relations or non-profit setting.
• Experience in administrative support for multiple people.
• Some complex database experience is required (Access, Advance,CVENT, Constant Contact Millenium, Excel, Razor's Edge, ThankView etc.)
• Proactive, articulate, personable, well-organized, service-oriented, and able to handle multiple projects concurrently.
• Strong writing skills and attention to detail a must.