Provides financial and accounting support in budget management, financial reporting, and/or audit/reconciliation.
- Prepares, examines, codes, and processes forms, vouchers, and reports for financial transactions.
- Assists with budget preparation and analysis.
- Advises others about development and implementation of new systems and work flow procedures; and may train, assign and review the work of others.
- Generates, reviews, analyzes, reconciles and processes reports and listings from central offices.
- Collects and disburses cash, checks, and other negotiable instruments.
- Manages receiving, auditing, and reporting of funds into the financial accounting system.
- May prepare timesheets for department employees and enter payroll in university time entry
- May provide payment services to include (but not limited to) approving payments of invoices and processing requisitions.
- May serve as liaison to central or other finance offices and assists faculty in initiating contract and grant proposals.