Lehman College seeks an HR Coordinator to process and review payroll actions as well as support other HR functions. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources or designee, the HR Coordinator assists in coordinating and auditing Human Resources services and systems to ensure University policies and procedures are maintained.
Key duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide customer service to all Lehman employees; support Human Resources and Business Office staff by responding to and resolving or referring various issues.
- Maintain and update employee records using the NYS Payroll System (Payserv).
- Audit Lehman’s CUNYFirst and Payserv data for discrepancies and implement corrective actions.
- Assist in implementing and confirming union contracts’ salary elements and adjustments.
- Coordinate and interact with University Payroll on campus compensation data.
- Keep track of leave time for blue-collar classified and managerial staff.
- Register non-resident aliens in Glacier system.
- Track, audit and reconcile budget and expenditures for various titles using Lehman Online Management Reporting System (LOMRS).
- Complete mortgage and wage verifications.
- Participate in related projects and assignments.
Bachelor’s Degree required.
The preferred candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Working knowledge of federal, state and city laws and regulations impacting HR and payroll as well as knowledge of CUNY HR systems and procedures
- Strong analytical, evaluative, technical, and research skills to work with various information systems to audit data and create reports
- Experience creating and running queries in PeopleSoft
- Proficiency using computers and standard office applications, especially MS Excel, Access, Word, and PeopleSoft
- High degree of professionalism and personal integrity to maintain confidentiality
- Detail-oriented, self-directed, and motivated with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team setting with diverse staff of all levels
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple assignments and conflicting priorities and meet strict deadlines in a dynamic and demanding customer-focused environment
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Provides information and services to the College community to support the Human Resources function.
- Prepares and executes various personnel transactions involving employee recordkeeping, processing of new hires, pay administration, and recruiting
- Maintains an understanding of policies, procedures, regulations, and collective bargaining agreements relevant to human resources
- Organizes and processes employee information; develops and maintains reports and queries; assures data accuracy and completeness
- Responds to requests for information; troubleshoots issues, follows up and responds to employee inquiries
- Assists HR managers with employee communications of all kinds; may prepare materials, conduct orientation sessions, or update web pages
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: HR Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY’s benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
For technical issues:
Contact the service desk by email: email@example.com. If you can, provide screenshots. Please do not provide your User Account password; it is not needed to investigate any issue.
For other questions:
For questions about the content of any job posting, please contact the Human Resources department: Recruiting@lehman.cuny.edu.
April 6, 2018
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.