Would you like to receive more jobs like this via email?
If you'd like, Academic Keys can email you similar job openings. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Would you like to receive more jobs like this via email?
Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Senior Financial Accountant (7735U)
University of California, Berkeley
Senior Financial Accountant (7735U), General Accounting - 51794
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
At UC Berkeley, we believe that learning is a fundamental part of working, and our goal is for everyone on the Berkeley campus to feel supported and equipped to realize their full potential. We actively support this by providing all of our staff employees with at least 80 hours (10 days) of paid time per year to engage in professional development activities. To find out more about how you can grow your career at UC Berkeley, visit grow.berkeley.edu.
The mission of the UC Berkeley Controller's organization is to deliver full accounting services and related systems for operations and controls in the areas of General Ledger, Capital and Cash Accounting, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Cash-Handling, and Contracts and Grants Accounting. Customer groups served include faculty, staff and students, all University departments and any outside entities that have a business relationship with the University. The Financial Accounting and Controls unit in the Controller's Office has campus-wide responsibility for operational support, reconciliation, analysis, problem solving and reporting in the functional areas of AP, AR and cash-handling. Staff is responsible for providing systems, policies, procedures and training to ensure accurate and timely recording of campus financial transactions.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: April 21, 2023
- Analyzes, monitors, and reconciles general ledger accounts and performs variation analysis on general ledger accounts.
- Prepares, processes, and records financial and budget journal entries.
- Prepares financial and statutory reports.
- Acts as advisor to other campus units (central and departmental) and Office of the President units on various accounting issues and may become actively involved, as required, to meet objectives and schedules and resolve problems.
- Prepares year-end schedules for the annual audits and assists with special projects.
- This may include tax reporting; developing, implementing, and monitoring accounting systems, policies, and procedures; and charts of account values definition, maintenance, and mapping.
- Professional development.
- Several years of experience in accounting.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and standards.
- Ability to independently gather, organize, and perform accounting-related analysis.
- Requires ability to present information in a clear and concise manner both in writing and verbally.
- Thorough knowledge of financial transactions and financial systems, as well as related policy, accounting, and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Knowledge and ability to recommend business process improvements.
- Proficient in account reconciliations with a high volume of financial transactions and data.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and common desktop/web applications.
- Proficient in the use of enterprise-level general ledger applications.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related area, such as business administration or finance, with significant formal education in accounting coursework, and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Has knowledge of fund accounting.
- Has non-profit organization experience.
Salary & Benefits
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University, please visit the University of California's Compensation & Benefits website.
Under California law, the University of California, Berkeley is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role and should not offer a salary outside of the range posted in this job announcement. This range takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to experience, skills, knowledge, abilities, education, licensure and certifications, analysis of internal equity, and other business and organizational needs. It is not typical for an individual to be offered a salary at or near the top of the range for a position. Salary offers are determined based on final candidate qualifications and experience.
The budgeted salary or hourly range that the University reasonably expects to pay for this position is $80,000.00 - $95,000.00.
- This is a 100% full-time (40 hours per week), career position that is eligible for full UC benefits.
- This position is exempt and paid monthly.
- This is a remote-friendly position, eligible for 100% remote capability.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant, please see the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission poster.
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy, please see the University of California Discrimination, Harassment, and Affirmative Action in the Workplace policy.
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=51794&PostingSeq=1
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |