The Department of Health and Wellness is made up of Counseling and Mental Health, Health Services, and Health Promotion, as well as sexual assault prevention. The department contributes to the educational mission of the university through a variety of activities devoted to prevention, intervention, and consultation. Serving a diverse student body of 8,000+ undergraduate and graduate students, Health and Wellness is committed to providing excellent care and prevention efforts in a safe and welcoming environment which is inclusive and culturally informed. We bring energy, expertise and a collaborative approach to the provision of health care and brief counseling and psychiatric services. In addition, we are active on campus doing training, outreach and liaison work on a number of key health and mental health issues important to a college population.
This division has responsibility for health compliance, state and federal health requirements, health insurance, HIPAA and other privacy concerns, and risk management. We have over 85 computers and an electronic medical record system that must be maintained and updated over time. Our combined staff is approximately 55 individuals with diverse medical, mental health and public health education, who also have licensing requirements that must be maintained and updated.
What You'll Do
The Patience Services Coordinator provides administrative support to CMHS staff in the ambulatory setting, both in-person and remotely.
- Serves as the primary liaison between students and providers
- Provide accurate information, compassionate listening, and excellent customer service to all callers.
- Ability to organize priorities, complete tasks, manage confidential patient information and schedule patient appointments.
- Serves as an overall resource person for staff.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired by a minimum of 3 years’ administrative experience in a fast-paced medical or healthcare related setting
- High School diploma/GED required
- Experience with electronic medical record (EMR) modules and scheduling software
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and function as a resource to other members of the team and resolve complex issues on behalf of the providers and the patients
- Demonstrated knowledge of HIPAA Confidentiality and Privacy Policies
- Exceptional organizational skills, flexibility to manage multiple tasks and accurate attention to details
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and courteously with various groups of patients, staff and providers
- Demonstrated understanding of disaster protocols to include: fire, safety, and code calls, per mandatory training
- Associates degree is desirable and Bachelor’s degree is preferred
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
The Center is open from 9am-5pm most days, and 9-7 on Tuesdays, and this position may require some shift flexibility. This is a hybrid position expected to be in person for much of the academic year, with the possibility of additional remote flexibility during summer and winter breaks.
Minimum $21.20, Midpoint $25.45, Maximum $29.70
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.