As a Senior Research Support Specialist, you will:
- conduct molecular biological, biochemical, and biophysical experiments in a project
- develop a gene-based therapy for a hereditary retinal degeneration
- conduct animal experiments (mice, possibly pigs) to test the efficacy and toxicity of the gene based therapy
- analyze data from such experiments and conduct statistical analysis
- assist in the preparation of manuscripts for publication and grant proposals
- assist in the training of graduate students
- assist in maintaining safety protocols for the lab, ordering consumables, and general lab process maintenance
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the http://buffalo.edu/University at Buffalo.
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our http://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits.r… packages.