The Henry and Lois Foster Hospital for Small Animals provides 24-hour care for pets 365 days of the year. We offer high quality medical care, consultation, referral, and emergency veterinary services for the care of dogs, cats, and exotic pets.
The Central Sterilization Department provides general functions to the hospital including decontamination, cleaning, inspecting, assembling, packaging, sterilizing, and distribution of instruments and packs used for patient care throughout the hospital. The Central Supply Department provides products to all departments within the hospital. If you are highly organized, enjoy working on your own and equally with others, while providing our caregivers and support staff with what they need and when they need it through inventory services then we would welcome the opportunity to meet with you.
What You'll Do
The Central Sterile and Supply Technician’s work supports an integrated clinical care team that provides high quality medicine and nursing care to our patients. Duties include retrieving, decontaminating, cleaning, inspecting, assembling, packaging, sterilizing, and distributing instrument packs that are being used during medical procedures and surgeries. Monitors the preventative maintenance schedule and maintenance of the autoclave, Steris machine, and ultrasonic cleaner. This position will assist Central Supply as needed. Outstanding customer service skills, teamwork and problem-solving skills are required.
As a Central Sterilization Tech you will:
- Retrieve, decontaminate, clean, inspect, assemble, pack, sterilize, and distribute instruments and packs used for patient care throughout the hospital. Make sure all packs are complete and instruments are in proper working order.
- Perform computerized scanning and tracking of the SAH SX implant inventory.
- Process laundry (surgery towels, drapes) for the ORs and Large Animal Hospital.
- Acts in accordance to established procedures to maintain knowledge competence to ensure uninterrupted supply of equipment, instruments and supplies to support supply chain.
- Assist with inventory and ordering of materials as needed.
- Maintaining all work areas and storage areas in a clean, organized, and orderly fashion.
- Filling and receiving orders & delivering specialty orders.
- Ensures that orders are pulled properly and accurately in support of central supply needs.
- Assists with inventory as needed.
- Maintains a working knowledge of departmental standard operating procedures.
The schedule for this position is a full-time,flexible Monday through Friday position, includes some evenings or weekend request. Part time (3 days) will be considered.
What We're Looking For
- High School graduate or the equivalent with minimum one-year related work experience in the veterinary technology or medical field. Basic computer skills; WORD, Excel. Ability to prioritize responsibilities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Willing to train a new graduate of Central Processing Certification Program.
- Knowledge of how to properly clean/decontaminate basic medical and surgical instruments and equipment.
- Knowledge of sterile processing equipment; ultrasonic cleaner, autoclave, Steris VHP sterilizer.
- Basic knowledge of surgical instruments.
- Computer literacy skills
- Knowledge of electronic medical systems preferred
Minimum $18.80, Midpoint $21.85, Maximum $24.90
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.