Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Assistant Director for Development, Intercollegiate Athletics
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
The Assistant Director for Development supports and enhances the mission of the University at Buffalo Athletics Department and is responsible for working to optimize annual philanthropic support for Athletics. The incumbent will create and execute annual giving campaigns, stewardship plans, including experiences and events with donors. The Assistant Director for Development will report to the Deputy Athletic Director, External Operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage all annual giving based initiatives.
- Cultivate and solicit prospect bases for annual campaign, Block B Letter Winners Associate, Gicewicz Club and Game Day Benefits Programs.
- Provide support for special events, receptions, and reunions designed to create/raise awareness of UB Athletics.
- Assist in Game Operations and Parking for development donors in coordination with the President’s office and Game Day Benefits Programs.
- Fulfill all stewardship benefits and opportunities provided for by annual and major gifts fundraising initiatives.
- Communicate with donors by phone, mail and email as appropriate relating to privately supported funds.
- Responsible for carrying out additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Deputy Director of Athletics, External Operations.
- Serve in a collaborative role with all external unities, coaching staffs and other on-campus units.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
.About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Professional experience in fund raising or relevant intercollegiate athletics experience required.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills is essential for interaction with Athletics administration, coaches, support staff, academic leaders, university faculty and staff, alumni, volunteers, prospects and donors.
- Familiarity with and success in the complex environment of a public university.
- Background in intercollegiate athletics and/or annual giving preferred.
- Master’s degree preferred.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |