The Associate Director of Alumni and Constituent Engagement will join the university alumni engagement team serving as the lead engagement officer for the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences (JSMBS), The Associate Director will report to the Senior Director of Alumni and Constituent Engagement.
This position will work closely with colleagues in advancement who are focused on ensuring sustainable philanthropic growth commensurate with the needs of JSMBS by providing engagement and meaningful interactions that highlight university and school faculty, staff and students. Additionally, the Associate Director will actively contribute to engagement goals and strategies relative to JSMBS alumni and constituents.
Highlighted duties include:
• Develop and execute an annual calendar of strategies, programs and events (in-person and virtual) to meaningfully engage JSMBS alumni and constituents.
• Provide staff support to the Medical Alumni Association Board of Directors.
• Lead planning and execution of virtual and in-person events in tandem with volunteer leaders who support Mini Medical School, Medical Emeritus Faculty Round Table Luncheons, DoctHers, reunions, Harrington Lecture/Spring Clinical Day and student engagement.
• Work collaboratively with Annual Giving partners and Jacobs School advancement officers to help identify strategic annual giving segments and potential annual leadership prospects for solicitation.
• Identify and promote to advancement officers strategic opportunities to connect with donors and prospects.
Division of University Advancement:
Building stronger connections with UB’s 280,000+ alumni and donors worldwide is critical to the university’s goal: to situate UB among the nation’s top 25 public research universities. UB alumni and friends are grateful and generous, supporting the largest, most ambitious fundraising campaign the university has ever launched. Through Boldly Buffalo: The Campaign for UB, we seek to raise $1 billion. We invite you to join our University Advancement team and be part of our historic efforts.
$61,000 - $68,000
Outstanding Benefits PackageWorking at UBF comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our UBF benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo, a flagship university of the State University of New York (SUNY) system, is a research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence and making a positive impact on the world. As a member of the prestigious American Association of Universities (AAU), UB is recognized as one of the leading research universities in the world, while remaining affordable for many first-generation students. Home to more than 31,000 students from diverse backgrounds, UB offers exceptional student experiences inside and outside the classroom. By attracting the world’s best faculty and students, UB elevates the educational experience, brings an influx of national and global talent to Western New York, secures federal investments in academic research that tackles pressing societal problems, and catalyzes growth and innovation across business and industry. Here, students and faculty work side by side, seeking knowledge and practice that leads to better health, stronger buildings, more compassionate and just communities, innovative ways to teach, a more sustainable environment and smarter business practices for our world. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.