Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Communication Specialist - CET
Utah Valley University
Communication Specialist - CET
: Staff - Full-Time
Utah Valley University invites applications for a Marketing and Communications Manager to serve under University Marketing and Communications as a marketing/communication specialist to UVU's College of Engineering & Technology. This team member works with the administration of college to understand immediate and long-term objectives and collaborates to create, execute and manage holistic strategies that achieve the goals of the college. This team member stays abreast of accomplishments, projects, and events within the college and communicates this information to appropriate internal and external parties. Gathers newsworthy information about the school, departments, students, faculty, and staff. Designs and produces brochures, marketing materials, news releases, announcements, programs, and mailings. Develops and maintains social media presence for the college through managing multiple online platforms. Alerts the Dean and other college administrators of community, social media, and business trends or developments that could have a beneficial or deleterious impact on the college.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelors degree, plus one year of marketing/design experience OR a combination of relevant education and experience totaling five years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of effective marketing and communication strategies.
- Knowledge in integrated marketing tactics that leverage digital and traditional marketing analytics.
- Data driven in creating and managing strategies.
- Knowledge of social media formats for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and SnapChat
- Knowledge of SEO and SMO.
- Knowledge of AB testing.
- Knowledge of prepress for print.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works cross-functionally with public relations, writing, creative teams, and community partners to amplify the priorities and goals of the college.
- Skills in various software programs including Final Cut Pro and InDesign.
- Skills in Facebook PowerEditor, SocialBakers, Email Marketing, SEOptimer, Native analytic tools for each primary social platform, and Google Analytics.
- Skills in utilizing psychographic and demographic data to target affinity groups across platforms.
- Skills in forecasting targeted reach, engagement, and budget to achieve conversion goals.
- Skills in monitoring KPIs to guide campaigns through optimization and completion.
- Skills in creating campaign reports during flight and at conclusion to communicate and performance manage campaigns.
- Skills in content management systems like Omni Update preferred.
- Skills in proficiency with Dreamweaver and HTML preferred.
- Skills in photography, videography, and editing preferred.
- Skills in Mac OS preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong networking skills.
Previous work experience in a college or university environment with demonstrated success.
Physical ability to preform work.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
$41,412 - $51,765
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date.
Please list a minimum of three business references. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/16338
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |