Web Manager (7455U), Lawrence Hall of Science - 9988
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles
, our Principles of Community
, and our Strategic Plan.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: September 1, 2020
This position will remain open until filled.
Berkeley's Lawrence Hall of Sciencethe country's only science center that is part of a top-tier, public research university. This distinctive affiliation allows the Hall to partner with world-class scientists, engineers, educational leaders, and teachers, with the goal of developing and disseminating the most innovative and effective science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) programs available today. Our mission is to inspire and foster science learning for allespecially for those with limited access to science.
- Produces design and layout for a variety of web site applications, maintaining branding and standards.
- Meets and consults with clients on a variety of electronic communications projects including web and mobile-based applications, e-commerce, etc. including moderately complex assignments, and develops, presents, and recommends web content and visual material.
- Accountable for ensuring technical accuracy and understandability of website content, performing website maintenance and enhancement, and promoting usability best practices.
- Maintains currency with emerging and state-of-the-art technical and other web-related equipment, requirements and developments (for example, accessibility issues) and recommends and as directed, takes action to ensure compliance.
- Thorough knowledge of the fundamentals of writing, grammar, syntax, editorial style, and punctuation, including skill to write in a clear and lively style.
- Thorough understanding of technical language and requirements of the assigned work.
- Experience using GIT, Linux Command Line, DNS basics, and a desire to learn new programming techniques and tools.
- Experience using APIs to utilize commercial and open-source software.
- Thorough skills to create clear, easy-to-navigate, informative, accurate, well-designed, and functional web sites that provide web content consistent with the campus message and in keeping with management directives and client objectives.
- Thorough understanding of institutional processes, procedures, and applicable rules and regulations for web communications, including web accessibility standards.
- Thorough technical skills in computer applications for web production, image handling, publishing and design, illustration, presentation preparation, motion graphics, web interaction, and/or other state-of-the-art web communication capabilities.
- Thorough interpersonal communication skills.
- Thorough skills to develop and implement original ideas and correctly identify and effectively solve problems.
- Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Project management experience and training highly desirable.
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and XD).
Salary & Benefits
This is an exempt, monthly paid position. Annual salary will be commensurate with experience up to $98,900.00.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
This is a 12-month, full-time (40 hours per week), contract position. This position is eligible for UC's full benefits package.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=9988&PostingSeq=1