University of Idaho
Administrative Coordinator, ORA
University Research (Div)
$15.70 or higher depending on education and experience
This position will perform a variety of administrative support functions for all staff and administrative leadership involved with the Office of Research Assurances (ORA), Office of the Vice President for Research and Economic Development (ORED). Administrative duties include reception, scheduling meetings by phone bridge, video conferencing on web-based technologies, making travel arrangements, supporting project management, copying and maintaining administrative files and formatting/typing a variety of executive, sensitive, and confidential documents.
The Administrative Coordinator will accomplish a wide variety of tasks with considerable independence and must exercise discretion in applying policies and procedures and performing confidential administrative assignments. This must be done with a professional demeanor, and in a manner that promotes a positive image for the Office of Research Assurances and the Office of Research and Economic Development and safeguards the flow of sensitive and confidential information. The position will report to the Office of Research Assurances Director.
- High School Diploma with one year of related experience.
- Office support functions including word processing and spreadsheet creation and management, filing, composing a variety of business documents, reception, and researching, compiling and summarizing data for reports;
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and similar programs;
- Interpreting, applying and explaining complex information such as regulations, policies or services;
- Independently solving problems/performing liaison activities in a professional work setting;
- Coordinating activities requiring complex arrangements and supporting the work of project teams.
- Four years of administrative support experience;
- Administrative support experience in an academic environment;
- Working with diverse individuals from varying cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds at all organizational levels;
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills;
- Maintaining electronic and paper based filing systems;
- Balancing and coordinating workload for multiple projects.
- University of Idaho policies and procedures;
- Business telephone etiquette;
- Office support functions;
- Rules of effective business English usage, spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Open Until Filled:
Preferential review of applicants will begin on October 3, 2019.
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.