Tufts Technology Services (TTS) is a university-wide service organization committed to delivering technology solutions in support of Tufts’ mission of teaching, learning, research, innovation, and sustainability. With staff across all of Tufts’ campuses, as well as a 24x7 IT Service Desk, we collaborate with schools and divisions to meet the demands of a global, mobile community. We promote a collaborative, flexible work environment, embrace diversity and inclusion, and encourage personal and professional development. Learn more about TTS on our website. it.tufts.edu
What You'll Do
The Senior Program Manager works with business partners across multiple business functions at the University to lead continued implementation and functional expansion of our Faculty Profiles System. That system is used as the basis of public websites across the university and a searchable central database of faculty accomplishments at facultyprofiles.tufts.edu. The position is responsible for all phases of managing our faculty profiles platform and scholarly discovery services, including planning, design, execution, internal campus partnerships, vendor relationship management, publicity, and support. In addition, they will maintain the overall project schedule, manage communications, project plans, risks, issues, perform mitigation activities, manage stakeholders across all Tufts schools, provide key project metrics when needed, and coordinate with other TTS groups.
What We're Looking For
Minimum Required Experience, Education, Background, And Certifications/Licenses
• Skills and knowledge typically acquired through a Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• 2- 4 years’ experience with faculty administration and program development in higher education
• Demonstrated experience working on IT-related projects especially in higher education or research based sectors
• Demonstrated experience managing partnerships with a 3rd party service vendor
• Demonstrated ability to work across multiple business and IT departments and fostering a sense of trust and teamwork
• Demonstrated ability and requisite skills related to data conversion and consolidation from disparate systems
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills with direct experience managing communications with university senior leadership, faculty, stakeholders, and software vendors
• Experience in identifying, recommending, and changing business processes.
Additional Preferred Experience, Education, etc.
• Knowledge of faculty hiring and appointment processes within higher education
• Knowledge of scholarly publication sources and citations
• Experience implementing faculty profile systems such as VIVO, Symplectic Elements or similar
• Experience working in higher education, specifically with faculty and faculty-related concerns.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer. Tufts is an Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.