This is a one-year limited term and full-time position. Continuation of employment is contingent upon availability of funding.
The Alabama Cooperative Extension System is seeking a Media Production Specialist to provide expertise in graphic design and multimedia support to the Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP) and the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program-Education (SNAP-Ed). This position will be responsible for creating and designing content for nutrition and physical activity education using a variety of digital and print media (including web-based solutions, social media, online courses, and video), with the goal of promoting nutrition and physical activity resources and messages to designated target audiences.
Operating as a member of the Extension Communications and Marketing Unit, and in conjunction with the EFNEP and SNAP-Ed state staff teams, the incumbent will coordinate communications support for online programs, web and e-newsletters, photography, and consumer-grade video production via Adobe Creative Suite or similar software.
1. Manages visual content for EFNEP and SNAP-Ed
2. Coordinates print and distribution methods with outside vendors
3. Guides EFNEP and SNAP-Ed projects
4. Provides training and professional support to EFNEP and SNAP-Ed educators
5. Develops visual resources (print and digital) to support the efforts of EFNEP and SNAP-Ed
6. Follows all ACES branding guidelines and C&M production processes
7. Works successfully in a creative team environment
8. Manages multiple concurrent tasks and meets all deadlines